Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vh sle two tone

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
hello all.

been looking around for a weekend cruiser and came across a two tone sle.

the original color is silver but its had a recent respray with burgundy over top of the original silver.the paint looks good i could not be happier with how it looks but you can feel the line where the burgundy meets the silver like a masking line.

my question is how to get rid of this?i do not want to hit it with a hi pressure washer and it decides to peel etc.

also whats the panel called that is below the rear bumper bar?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
is it a 2k paint job? really if you didnt paint the car youd only be guessing at how much of the topcoat you can rub away and polish flat without cutting trough to the under color. you can try and rub the line a little with some 1500 grit and polish it flat but again how much rubbing is enough, how much clear do you have to play with without cutting through. if it bothers you that much maybe consult a paint guy or a body shop and see what they say. if i were you i wouldnt touch it unless your planning on painting it again.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
well not looking at getting a respray anytime soon.just a weekend cruiser for the family.

it will need the boot channel replaced under rear window as its a bit rusty and also the panel below the rear bumper has bog in it unsure if its from rust or a smash repair but i would have to get it onto a hoist before i thought of handing the $$$$ over.

here it is anyway

HOLDEN COMMODORE SL/E VH SEDAN - Blair Athol - SA - $ 8,999

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
dude for 9k id be wanting a vh thats had a bare metal resto done to it....

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
I wouldnt pay 9k obviously.but if you find a two tone with a bare metal respray with some mods let me know lol

saladine1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2 5.7
Steer clear mate. Non original paint, rust panels $9000!?...no way. For that money you can get a much better car..

vhgasser

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore,Holden captiva
is it stock I think I have seen that car around before. to answer that question there is no way you be able to remove the edge off the paint even if you rub and polishs it.
When I painted my vh you can feel the paint edges underneath the clear I have not rubbed it yet so I'm guessing there be a slight rise but not as bad as the one you where looking at as I cleared my car once I two toned it

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
it has cam,edelbrock manifold,holey,3000 stall etc etc

i have looked at most of the sle's on gum tree but there all bad as each other.

i have found a tidy 202 vh base model i may look at.if i can get away with a two tone paint job for $6000 i mite just do that

vhgasser

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh commodore,Holden captiva
yer 6k you get a two tone respray

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
will make a few calls see what i can come up with