Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH vacationer

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
update. sorry dont have pics atm. motor is in and running. got no exhaust on it atm so just the headers. i knew it would sound good but holy hell sounds like a monstrous v8. it scares mum lol. haven't driven it yet just need a fuel tank.. it starts so well too. the old blue motor ran perfectly but this one starts and idles just as good even with the 30/70 crow cam. don't even need any choke. lots of pics to come and any1 that wants to go for a cruise in bout a month im in.

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
update: although not many people are interested :p exhaust will be fitted during the week, and windscreen will be replaced soon after so i'll be cruising round by the end of the week :yeah: just got to go for a few mountain runs to run the new motor in. then i'll save some funds for a gearbox rebuild so i can put some power down without worrying bout it breaking. then i'll save some more and we should see the charger bolted onto the side of the 6 in the not too distant future. :thumbsup: then i can go test her at the strip, see what it gets.

DODelaney

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH Vacationer
this isnt by anychance the 510POK VH parked outside the childcare along zillmere rd in geebung (i think its zillmere rd)
if so that is bloody clean and i love staring at it as i drive my poor stocker past :(

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
howa the new engine going?

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
this isnt by anychance the 510POK VH parked outside the childcare along zillmere rd in geebung (i think its zillmere rd)
if so that is bloody clean and i love staring at it as i drive my poor stocker past :(

sure is buddy. i work at Platinum automotive solutions cross the road. we should meet up sometime.

new engine was going strong till disaster struck. pulled over cuz there were massive loud banging noising coming from it. turns out the rocker studs are standard press in ones when with the big valve springs and such should be screw ins. also the springs are binding cuz it seems they aren't suited to the cam...so had to pull the head off to get that fixed. so its off the road atm but should be going again in a week or 2.

still need to run it in and get a new dizzy and blueprint it to the cam and tune the carb to suit but it still struggles for traction off the line...which is what u want :p

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
also i used to have an old red bucket o crap celica parked there before it died, pretty much tried to make that thing as illegal as i could lol. people used to laugh at me when i drove it lol.

DODelaney

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH Vacationer
sure is buddy. i work at Platinum automotive solutions cross the road. we should meet up sometime.

new engine was going strong till disaster struck. pulled over cuz there were massive loud banging noising coming from it. turns out the rocker studs are standard press in ones when with the big valve springs and such should be screw ins. also the springs are binding cuz it seems they aren't suited to the cam...so had to pull the head off to get that fixed. so its off the road atm but should be going again in a week or 2.

still need to run it in and get a new dizzy and blueprint it to the cam and tune the carb to suit but it still struggles for traction off the line...which is what u want :p

awsome. ilove lookin at it... that sillycar was yours aswell?? i ****ed myself laughing first time i saw it... i was about to say i havent seen the vh for a week or so but i kept reading
i might drop into ur work one day as i work down northlink place(virginia automotive)

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
awsome. ilove lookin at it... that sillycar was yours aswell?? i ****ed myself laughing first time i saw it... i was about to say i havent seen the vh for a week or so but i kept reading
i might drop into ur work one day as i work down northlink place(virginia automotive)

lol yer that was mine...she's dead now but. got it for 200bux and just went nuts to try and bogan it up as much as possible. but yer drop in if ya like, im Alex btw, i'll pm u when the vh is back on the road, hopefully in a week or 2. :thumbsup:

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
this is when i just put it in and started it 4 the first time...engine bay is filthy and need a new rocker cover...still lots to do:thumbsup:

Attachments

• engine.2jpg.jpg
    engine.2jpg.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

scottVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Blue 202
engine looks great
glad to see a 202 still in the vh. its a under rated engine