Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vibration help

7point3

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt v6
hey

put this in this section as i thought a few people would have had the same problem

im pretty close to finishing my sound system in my vt sedan and testing it out the other day i had a fair bit of rattle everywhere, ive fixed most of it but my main one is the spoiler, its a vx clubsport spolier and because its hollow it vibrates, not at the monuts but in the centre.

how do i fix this?
my thought was expanda foam stuff but would like to avoid putting a small hole in it.

just looking for ways people have solved it,
without removing the spoiler.

cheers

Happy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Executive S2 3.8 Ecotec
Try turning the volume down below 120 Db

7point3

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt v6
it rattles pretty much all the time i dont have a license currently so i wasnt out looking like a tool i was just testing it in my garage., i stood outside the car all doors closed etc.
all it takes is me holding the centre up with my hand to stop it but i cant really think of any way to keep pressure on it to stop it.

DarkEnvy

Bam! and the dirt is gone
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VYII Berlina
Take the spoiler off, 2 problems solved.

Foam would help a great deal, doing it could look dodgy though.

Good luck.

justincredible

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 3.6 Calais V
if you sound proof the boot properly the spoiler shouldn't be an issue. its like when ppl say their number plates rattle. i used a healthy combo of expanda foam and sound deadening sheets inside the boot and i only get very small vibrations now with very high volume (which i could probably get rid of if i played around with the amp settings a little bit.

7point3

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt v6
so your saying put the sound proofing on the inside of the bootlid?