Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VicPol, possibly other states, flashing Police lights to warn drivers of speedcameras

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
They just pretend to stand for something at each election to get voted, then do a 180 and do what they said they wouldn't (Howard - GST, Gillard - Carbon tax).

Oh dear god. You do realise Mr Howard took the GST to the public as an election policy and won yeah? It is nothing like the carbon tax.

At least get things right before sprouting crap.

Banicks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais '07
You understood the general meaning. No need to be offensive.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You understood the general meaning. No need to be offensive.

Nope, all i understood was someone not using correct factual information.

Had another police car flash me at lunch. Saved over $300 alone today lol.

PS: Only speeding because I cant be fined for it today :D

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
public opinion of cops could go up because of this. i know if a cop saved me some money and points by warning me of a speed camera i would be using my best manners next time i talked to one.

lets just hope the govco dosen't give them the payrise then order them to dish out fines left right and centre to recoup the lost revenue

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
they my be warning people of the cameras but theyve sent covert agents to collect up the back pay lol. one of the painters i work with just got his vn ss wheel clamped out front of work today cause of 3k in back fines he hasent paid. i had a good laugh... hes a full blow tosser anyway guess what goes around comes around... cant believe he let it get that bad. im thinking wtf he do to get over 3k in fines. its got a vz clubsport interior and its parked in plain view of hume highway in sumerton wonder if it will be there in the morning. anyone want directions? lol

WNTDVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Stato & Evo VII.
LOL ^^^. There was a lancer that had been left on the side of the Hume just before the southbound Craigieburn exit a month or so back and as I was driving past it on the way to uni I started to notice different things going missing. It got to the point where it was left on blocks with half the body stripped!

Btw, that's the sheriff's office that issue the wheels clamps etc...

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL ^^^. There was a lancer that had been left on the side of the Hume just before the southbound Craigieburn exit a month or so back and as I was driving past it on the way to uni I started to notice different things going missing. It got to the point where it was left on blocks with half the body stripped!

Btw, that's the sheriff's office that issue the wheels clamps etc...

lol @ lancer, also the fines all go to the same place dont they? government pockets? the guy who issued the ticket was a vic cop in an unmarked camary, he came in and spoke to the painter before the clamp

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Minux why cant you be fined today?

Also i thought flashing your lights was illegal as its hazardous to others drivers and may cause an accident?

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
also another one this morning..... the corner of hume and barry rd, dude in a van was turning right onto hume to go towards fawkner and realised theres a redlight camera there and put on the anchors mid stream didnt follow though and a chick in a vs calais went up his ass. there was plenty of time to make the light if there was no camera there. i know the accident is the chicks fault but this is the type of stuff im talking about, cameras causing havoc, the calais was a right off. the chick was abusing him too lol. its a 25kph hit but it all boils down to people not paying attention. cameras are there just to make money. i remember saying id rather not stare at my gauges while im driving 2 - 5ks over ticket is always gonna cost less than a car accident. at 60 kph your going 17 meters a second, alot can go wrong in that distance if your not paying attention and thats only 1 second.