Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Luka_lsturbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vy calais ls1
hey guys,
so ive pulled off my turbo kit off my vy calais ls1 in order to re-rego it. the car is not defected, just hasnt had rego for a while. ive left most the stuff on the car just removed the turbo, piping intercooler ect. i still have the fuel system (surge tank located under to boot). was just wondering if anyone knows the procedure that goes on when doing and inspection at vicroads. the car does not look dodgy. its on 19'' rims. paint is immaculate (factory colour). not lowered and is not loud. rwc is not a problem, i am just worried about going into vicroads.
thanks

Mike74ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline SII
From my own personal experience it is just a numbers check to make sure everything still matches their database, so make sure that all numbers (engine, VIN, etc.) are clean and are able to be easily read.
The only time I’ve encountered issues is when they don’t know where the numbers are or the numbers are a bit hard to read.
The staff checking numbers aren’t trained mechanics or RWC inspectors, so don’t be afraid! lol

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
From my own personal experience it is just a numbers check to make sure everything still matches their database, so make sure that all numbers (engine, VIN, etc.) are clean and are able to be easily read.
The only time I’ve encountered issues is when they don’t know where the numbers are or the numbers are a bit hard to read.
The staff checking numbers aren’t trained mechanics or RWC inspectors, so don’t be afraid! lol

That's strange because in the ACT it's a requirement to be a cert 3 mechanic to do any inspection on a car.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
As long as you dont give them a reason to look, they wont. If something looks wrong, they might flag it.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Put on stockers if they fit over your brakes

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
That's strange because in the ACT it's a requirement to be a cert 3 mechanic to do any inspection on a car.
They're not inspecting the car. That is done when the Roadworthy is carried out. All they are doing is making sure the VIN, Engine and Compliance details are correct.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just a vic roads inspection should be fine, back in the day i had a mate that passed for too low and how he raised it up was with some spring compressors in backwards pushing the springs wider, just parked in the spot and someone looked at it ''yep sits factory height'' passed... :rolleyes:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6