Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Cruise Section.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Im sorry if this sounds harsh.... but gren u want to chat with whoever on a saturday morning or whenever.... just to tell them what went on the previous night...

Its just like your mother or father asking what did you get pto last night.... abit much if you ask me....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Just though i might pop something in here. A bunch of things have been hard deleted and someone has apparently played with some buttons they didn't know about so i'll take a stab.
I came on late the other night and moderated a post that wasn't in line with the forum rules. I made sure it was the minimum infraction because it wasn't an overly big issue.
The system then informed me that despite it being a minor issue it was the last point for this user which resulted in a ban- look at it like the demerit points, you can do lots of minor things and find yourself walking.

It was only a 24 hour ban, not biggy and started pretty late at night so i doubt it was a life or death situation.
Certainly not worth getting upset over.

Now i hear the member does wonderful things for the Vic cruise section. Im grateful for that as are others. When i issued the infraction nothing pops up to say that this member is any different to any other member.
I moderate based on what i see. I don't always see every post. I don't always think it is worth an infraction, but i certainly don't pick and choose based on the person.

I'm always only a PM away and willing to discuss things, but a 24 hour ban is hardly worth worrying about. It isn't the first one ever given, and wont be the last - but rest assured it isn't based on who the person is.

I apologise if i am confusing this issue with another situation but like i said a few strange things have happened and the paper trail isn't complete.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
this person you speak of, he "avoided" the profanity filter.... we have all done that... so why isnt everyone banned for it???

I was reading a thread the other day (cant find the link to it) but a certain mod AVOIDED the filter... if he/she can do it, then so can everyone.
It cant be one rule for them and one rule for us.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
this person you speak of, he "avoided" the profanity filter.... we have all done that... so why isnt everyone banned for it???

I was reading a thread the other day (cant find the link to it) but a certain mod AVOIDED the filter... if he/she can do it, then so can everyone.

it's all good champ

things are being changed, and that profanity filter is gonna be sent packing. well normal everyday cursive words will be ok,

the c word and f bomb are still going to be filtered, but rules will be relaxed. we are currently working ona new way we can look after this sort of issue.

so you can now use the word sh!t as much as you want, untill we remove it from the bypass filter, ofcourse there is the limit, it's just what youw ould usualy use in normal everyday convo.

but things will be changing. so watch this space.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5

Like i said in the rules at the time avoiding the filter isn't allowed. If it were a word here or there i would leave it, like i told the member his use was excessive.
As i stated before, i moderate what i see, i don't read every post, i don't go looking for things to moderate but if something catches my attention and i think it needs something done about it then something will be done.

I look forward to the overhaul. Should make moderation a little easier, maybe get questioned a little less. We do it for the members, it isn't to make life difficult.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
like i told the member his use was excessive.

No you didn't. All your pm said was: MUST HAVE ACCUMULATED POINTS"

That's ALL it said. You said nothing about what the infraction was for or anything like that. But it's all over and done with, i'm over it, everyone is relaxed, and i like the fact that Garth and Minux have actually listened to what some of us had to say. I just thought i'd post this for records sake.

Water under the bridge though. :thumbsup:

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I am glad it is water under the bridge. A PM should have been sent with the ban, I am unsure why you didn't get this as I have never had to deal with someone who had accumulated enough points to trigger a ban in the system.

It says in our system this was sent to you, I apologise that this didn't make it and i now understand why it hurt you so bad.

Administrative Note:
Quote:
Excessively bypassing swear filter.
Message to User:
Quote:
Excessively bypassing swear filter. One or two i wouldn't notice, a couple more maybe a warning but this was over the top.

Again i can't understand why this message didn't get to you.
I also must say i am always willing to listen and communicate with members if they feel something is amiss. Unfortunately this thread and others were already up for people to cry in before i even knew of the issue.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
I think perhaps one of the solutions could be that if infact a member is temporarily banned we could perhaps some sort of explanation posted so that atleast everyone knows he wasnt banned for the hell of it and everyone isnt jumping to conclusions which happens, then some hours later when its to late someone sees it and says "No youve got it wrong he was banned for this..."

I now understand what you meant by this, i had been thinking "i DID give an explanation".
I am at a loss as to why it didn't make it to his inbox. It seems perhaps there is some blame in the system.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I am glad it is water under the bridge. A PM should have been sent with the ban, I am unsure why you didn't get this as I have never had to deal with someone who had accumulated enough points to trigger a ban in the system.

It says in our system this was sent to you, I apologise that this didn't make it and i now understand why it hurt you so bad.

Administrative Note:
Quote:
Excessively bypassing swear filter.
Message to User:
Quote:
Excessively bypassing swear filter. One or two i wouldn't notice, a couple more maybe a warning but this was over the top.

Again i can't understand why this message didn't get to you.
I also must say i am always willing to listen and communicate with members if they feel something is amiss. Unfortunately this thread and others were already up for people to cry in before i even knew of the issue.

LOL, i wouldn't go so far as to say it hurt me. It didn't break my heart and make me cry or anything. But yeah i know what you mean. **** happens, we are all over it and moving on. So it's all good :thumbsup:

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i think it hurt others more than yourself. life goes on.