Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Tuners - LS3

Rikster71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Hi Guys, so have been researching everywhere, and the 4 that seem to be recommended are:
C&A
AutoTechnique
DynoMotive
APS

For my 2017 SSV Redline (Auto) I'm looking at going from stock to stage 2/2+ or Stage 3, pricing seems to be similar among the majority around $3,300 for S2 to $5,200-$5,800 for S3

I know this questiona has been asked a lot in the past, but nothing recent and things do change, with that in mind, Who would you go with? and why?

I had considered the Walkinshaw & HPF Harrop packages due to driveline warranty, but have seen some bad reviews so not to sure if I should or should not consider them, so interested in your opinions here also.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I can only reiterate that C&A did a great job on my MSE upgrade and were very good value for money. I have been taking my car there for services and they have been professional, nice guys, and i'm not paying a premium to have guys that I trust more than Holden look after my car.

If they're all similar, proximity to you is something that you should consider, as you're best taking your modified car to the guys that modified it for services.

Rikster71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
I can only reiterate that C&A did a great job on my MSE upgrade and were very good value for money. I have been taking my car there for services and they have been professional, nice guys, and i'm not paying a premium to have guys that I trust more than Holden look after my car.

If they're all similar, proximity to you is something that you should consider, as you're best taking your modified car to the guys that modified it for services.

Thanks, that's a good point, although I'm in Frankston so APS are closest but none are really that far away either. My bigger concern is that I have the 7 year Warranty, I wonder if the extra 4 years are conditional on it being serviced at a Holden dealer?

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Another vote for c&a - I had a di filippo cat back exhaust fitted a few years ago - was extremely well priced and the service was good too

Went back a few months later n had the remaining di filippo bits and pieces added (headers, cats etc) along with a vcm and a tune

Again, very reasonably priced and excellent service

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There's also MPW in Carrum, LS1PWR in Hallam and Stout Automotive in Ferntree Gully. Have had mates use all of these three and been fairly happy with the results.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
What about geelong performance centre?

Also monstar had a spreadsheet that I think was fairly current with all the prices and upgrades of the bigger guys

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I would not go with c&a. Mate had his car tuned by them and it’s a pig due to the calibration of the auto. Few other issues that have been discussed before but make sure you research as much as you can.

APS in Frankston have a great name and is where id be going personally.

Remember ls tuning is a license to print money. Not all tuners will put in the time and effort to achieve greatest driveability. WOT tuning is the easy part and can net nice peak hp figures. But hp figures aren’t everything.

Nico36

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline
C&A are excellent, Con and Andrew have very high work standards and are just all round good blokes.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
+1 for c & a, have had 2 cars done by them and had have had another mate have the same package as me and is very happy!

Rikster71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Thanks guys, yeah Im not after WOT numbers, im after a tuner that will put the work in to tune the curve where I drive, I want my pick-up down low, really want good effective torque where humans drive not where "Legends" roll lol.