Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vident i400AU iLINK Scan Tool for Holden VZ Commodore (Linking ECM,PIM,BCM)

nielolee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
I own one of these scanners and recently had my ECM die in my 2005 VZ Holden Berlina (Commodore), so I purchased a Remanufactured ECM from "Injectronics" (Trading as PEC Australia) where they supposedly pre-program my current vehicles VIN into the refurbed ECM, they stated I just need to link in the new ECM using a Tech2 or G-Scan scan tool.

I have not been able to "PIM link to ECM" using the VIDENT I400AU
meaning I can't get my car to linkup the new ECM with PIM and BCM, I
can see my PIM and BCM are linked, and I can access the ECM via the scan tool.

I purchased a Remanufactured ECM from Injectronics where they supposedly pre-program my VIN into the new ECM

Vident i400AU from Azscanners, Holden VZ - BCM to PCM/ PIM linking (ECU)

as these cars age and the ECMs eventually fry this is a pretty big deal in my opinion.

- I found the VIDENT iLink I400AU generally good in most areas - Engine, Body, and Chassis however it lacks something significant: "PIM link to ECM"
https://www.azscanners.com.au/vident-i400au-obd-aldl-scan-tool-for-holden-profes

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Ask the supplier if what you want to do is possible?
Or just email the manufacturer.
In the iScanzilla program, there is a submit ticket function. You have to put the memory card into the USB dongle to use this. They will probably class this as a "feature request" rather than a bug. I doubt anything will happen.

tjg420

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ute
using the i400au go to pim link to bcm I'm in process was able to reset original ecu but my issue is finding security code to finish linking replacement ecu

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
near end of video shows how to view security code