Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIM (Variable Intake Manifold) Amplifier Deletion

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hopefully this little blurb will help out others that go to get an update on their ECM for all early VE V6 commodores.

This action MUST be completed prior to updating the ECM, details on which VINs are affected are indicated in the attached PDF.

Essentially the VIM amplifier is removed by a simply loop back so that the VIM Value is directly connected to the ECM. This is performed due to various issues that were occurring (Engine DTC P2008) as well as the massive improvements on the software side.

Recently I was asked about the VIM amplifier delete, Its not often I come across something that I have absolutely never heard of, and even worse there is literally no documentation online in regards to this!

The attached PDF is the tech bulletin which indicates the required procedure to be conducted prior to update the ECM. The required plug for the deletion from Holden is ~$100, but you can get away with wiring it yourself (Simple loop back).

Hope this helps out!

Attachments

• 6C-1218 VE VIM Deletion.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,165

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Thanks for the help on this issue Tazzi, bit of a headache but if we can find a cheaper alternative to the amount of money holden want to charge for a simple loop back plug then we will all be better off!

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Thanks for the help on this issue Tazzi, bit of a headache but if we can find a cheaper alternative to the amount of money holden want to charge for a simple loop back plug then we will all be better off!
Exactly, from talking to Holden tech, he indicated the plug simply looped back two wires. So.. little bit of soldering and insulation should do the trick.

HSV08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV SENATOR SIGNATURE
Exactly, from talking to Holden tech, he indicated the plug simply looped back two wires. So.. little bit of soldering and insulation should do the trick.
Excellent, i will search up what this plu actually looks like at the pin end and see if i can make up a loop back plug to just clip in and heatshrink tight!