Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vin

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
I have a SSV Redline Ute 2017 with vin number ending 333740 I thought the last Holden had a vin ending 333542 ?? Can anyone help me here, so when did mine come off the line

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
VINs aren't applied to cars sequentially, they're assigned some time before the build starts but the build doesn't go in the same order as the VINs are assigned. You'll probably need info from Holden to know exactly what date (and they may not have the personnel to chase info like that for people who aren't really customer any more), although the build plate will have a month won't it?

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
VINs aren't applied to cars sequentially, they're assigned some time before the build starts but the build doesn't go in the same order as the VINs are assigned. You'll probably need info from Holden to know exactly what date (and they may not have the personnel to chase info like that for people who aren't really customer any more), although the build plate will have a month won't it?
Yes it has H
yes it is H which makes it 2017 just want to try and find out when it came off the floor and out the door

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I mentioned the build plate 'cos my other cars, all older than our VF, had a build month as well as year printed on the build-plate attached to the car.

Googling around, here's one from a VE2: https://res1.grays.com/handlers/ima...d=32704857&s=fl&index=0&ts=637667195940000000
Here's one from a Chev SS: https://www.ssforums.com/attachments/build-info-plate-jpg.258821/ <== Holden VF's don't have this

Maybe VF's don't have an equivalent build plate, but if you wanted just the month & they do have a build plate, that'd tell you.

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Yes it has H

yes it is H which makes it 2017 just want to try and find out when it came off the floor and out the door
Ok cheers Mate do you know where I would find the build plate

Neat1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssv redline
Its right near the passenger's side strut tower under the bonnet.
Thanks will have a look as I think it was an Oct 2017 model so would help
it’s current value I guess

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I have a SSV Redline Ute 2017 with vin number ending 333740 I thought the last Holden had a vin ending 333542 ?? Can anyone help me here, so when did mine come off the line
It came off the assembly line once the workers added all the required bits to the car. Well hopefully they added all the correct bits :p:p:p
Thanks will have a look as I think it was an Oct 2017 model so would help
it’s current value I guess
The year the vehicle was build can impact the vehicles value. In the normal case, two identical cars, one built in 2016 and the other built in 2017, would see the 2017 car at a slightly higher value.

If the car was imported, the build date and compliance date may fall in different years. So when sold, the dealer would call it a 2017 vehicle (because it may have been complied in Jan 2017) but when you are trading in, the dealer would call it 2016 vehicle (because it was built in Dec 2016). Such isn't an issue for Aussie built vehicles and only relevant to imports (which is all cars going forward).

Such build/compliance dates would have a bigger impact than being the second last Holden made… After all there is no prize for being the first looser :p:p:p

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
My Redline Ute VIN ends in 328982 and came off the production line August 29th, 2017.

It came off the assembly line once the workers added all the required bits to the car. Well hopefully they added all the correct bits :p:p:p
Mine got a 25mm master cylinder around the time that 25mm master cylinders were packaged in 27mm part numbered boxes from HSPO.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
The year the vehicle was build can impact the vehicles value. In the normal case, two identical cars, one built in 2016 and the other built in 2017, would see the 2017 car at a slightly higher value.

If the car was imported, the build date and compliance date may fall in different years. So when sold, the dealer would call it a 2017 vehicle (because it may have been complied in Jan 2017) but when you are trading in, the dealer would call it 2016 vehicle (because it was built in Dec 2016). Such isn't an issue for Aussie built vehicles and only relevant to imports (which is all cars going forward).
Actually there are ALL sorts of ways people lie about what year their car is.
(a) manufacturers always follow the Seppo example, driven by marketing, of releasing the new "model year" around September of the year prior. So someone with a car made in September 2023 is likely to claim it is a "2024 car"
(b) cars imported into Straya take a while to get here & a car build now is not likely to lob in the country until 2024 ... meaning it's built in 2023 but the compliance plate will say 2024 and someone selling it will claim it is a "2024 car" ... manufacturers sometimes even leave cars on the docks (before immigration) that arrive in the country late in the year, so they can be complianced the next year
(c) some people even buy a car with 2023-everything very early in 2024, so that the first registration is in 2024; then they claim it's a "2024 car"