Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Virginia Tech Shooting: 32 Deaths In Blacksburg "Worst In History"

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
yeah at least with port arthur it enabled our government to bring in much tougher gun laws and restrict the possession of personal firearms. columbine should have forced the American to government to change the laws to prevent this ever happening again. obviously it didnt. being over here in America has shown me its not just the laws but the attitude of the people who carry guns. the general attitude towards guns seems to be that they have the right to carry them and the right to shoot anyone who threatens them no matter what.

honestly what legitimate use does anyone have for a 9mm automatic? fair enough if farmers have a shotgun handy or whatever but 9mm automatics...? this baffles me. i just hope to god the american government wakes up to what has happened and ask themselves how the hell a uni student acquires this kind of weaponry and how to prevent anything like this ever happening again. its not just the 33 ppl that have died, this thing has affected 1000s of peoples lives.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
How many murders do you think are committed with LEGALLY owned guns?

The event is a tragedy. But don't blame the gun laws. Just take a look at Australian statistics to realize that gun crimes have not been reduced since 1996. All the gun laws have done is take the guns out of the hands of innocent people, and make it easier for the crooks who never obtain firearms legitimately anyway.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
How many murders do you think are committed with LEGALLY owned guns?

The event is a tragedy. But don't blame the gun laws. Just take a look at Australian statistics to realize that gun crimes have not been reduced since 1996. All the gun laws have done is take the guns out of the hands of innocent people, and make it easier for the crooks who never obtain firearms legitimately anyway.

BINGO! Give the man a fluffy rabbit. In Australia anyway. In the states I think it's somewhat different, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the guy legitimately owned the guns. Gotta wonder at the social climate that gives rise to these psycho's though, truly sickening.

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
what they were saying though was the guns were bought online legally in components and put together. surely they can introduce a system to stop that happening?

GLD-086

Reaction score
Delete pleaese...

Last edited:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
We NEVER had a problem with school shootings, not before, and not after the laws were changed.

If the laws were changed in the US, do you really think it'll make even the slightest of differences? No it won't, because it will do nothing to take what could possibly be hundreds of thousands of illegal firearms off the streets, and it'll piss off those who have legitimate means to own and operate firearms, in self defence, recreation, civic duty, or otherwise.

If the guy didn't have a gun, he could have got his hands on a machete, or a sword, knife, slingshot, baseball bat, etc. The options are endless. Are they going to ban petrol next, to stop people making molotov ****tails?

The problem is NOT the weapons. The problem is what turns these people into psychopathic monsters who destroy the lives of others moments before killing themselves. They should target American society - inside and outside of school - and find out what's causing these problems in the first place.

lukas pukas

Bukake, better than cream
Reaction score
Members Ride
RS Liberty/KTM 250sxf
damn i hate **** like this, even since a guy shot himself at my school....... :rip:condolences to those involved and affected:rip:

GLD-086

Reaction score
We NEVER had a problem with school shootings, not before, and not after the laws were changed.

If the laws were changed in the US, do you really think it'll make even the slightest of differences? No it won't, because it will do nothing to take what could possibly be hundreds of thousands of illegal firearms off the streets, and it'll piss off those who have legitimate means to own and operate firearms, in self defence, recreation, civic duty, or otherwise.

If the guy didn't have a gun, he could have got his hands on a machete, or a sword, knife, slingshot, baseball bat, etc. The options are endless. Are they going to ban petrol next, to stop people making molotov ****tails?

The problem is NOT the weapons. The problem is what turns these people into psychopathic monsters who destroy the lives of others moments before killing themselves. They should target American society - inside and outside of school - and find out what's causing these problems in the first place.

Fair enough mate. I retract my comments.

I think it's a dangerous mix of availability of weapons, and the emotional problems these people have.

I can't believe this guy went apesh*t, because of a spat he had, with his G/F. Why take it out on so many innocent people?

lukas pukas

Bukake, better than cream
Reaction score
Members Ride
RS Liberty/KTM 250sxf

i totally agree with you!!!

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd

i strongly doubt he would have been able to kill 33 people with a sword, knife, slingshot etc. I agree that the problem is what turns people into the psychopaths they are, but i believe that problem is the weapons themselves. People blame emulation of TV shows, movies, computer games etc. but really its the fact that these type of people are mentally ill, they find power through the medium of weaponry which they use to express their feelings and opinions. If they werent able to get guns they would express themselves in other ways, maybe using other weapons as you mentioned but they wouldnt be nearly as dangerous and mortal as a 9mm automatic (unless it as a bomb or explosive device). did we have this problem before guns were widely available to uni/high school students?

the laws for australia are not relevant to america. you can say that changing the laws like what happened in australia will not make the slightest difference but that is because america is not the same as australia. the injustice isnt that people who own guns legally are having their laws become more strict and controlling its the fact that people are so easily able to get their hands on illegal guns and kill innocent. people cant bitch and complain because they legally own a gun and the laws are affecting them when there is **** like this happening in the world. thats just selfish and ignorant. in a perfect world there would be no guns at all but we know they are necessary in certain situations, situations which are almost never relevant to the general public. to put it simply there is obviously a problem something needs to be done whether its fighting the problem at the source (in relation to current society, mental illness, etc.), preventing these people acquiring guns, or both.