Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Calais 5.0 advice needed

goodie78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 304 / VE SS Manual LPG
I thought the VK's had the Engine number on the compliance plate, I will have a look hopefully on the weekend if I remember.Other than that, I imagine a vehicle history check could possibly prove that it's the original engine, I know my bike did when I bought it but it's 10 years younger.

I look at Torana's as an example of where the VK may be in another 10-20 years, and from what I have seen, relatively stock V8's are the money is. I wouldn't be surprised to see an original Brock VK fetching over 100,000 in ten years or so....but I could be way off here.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I wouldn't be surprised to see an original Brock VK fetching over 100,000 in ten years or so....but I could be way off here.

A few have, specially the VK SS Group A or its limited better brother, the SS Group A/Group 3.

As for matching numbers, it goes by engine number and cast number.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
Regarding engine numbers,My VH Vacationer has the original log book and the engine number was written in it.If you have log book have a look at the engine number.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
since its not the original engine anyway have it done up...the piston bores might still be ok without re sleeving... or if you have the money just get the heads to flow better leaving the bottom end alone get it breathing better extractors a good exhaust system a good inlet manifold have the rocky carb tweeked maybe change the diff ratio... you may not get the 350 hp your after but it will go a lot better....if you start trying to get big hp out of an engine there are all other things to consider such as will your trans hold up? will the diff cope?...will the coolong system cope ?...keep it simple and having the heads done will give you good bang for your bucks.