Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk headlights

Loomesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Brock Mock
Hey guys

I'm putting together a vk that I bought. Issue is all headlights ect were removed when I got it. Does anyone have any info on how to fit headlights and rubber infill with pics and screws/ hardware needed. Dont want to get them aligned yet, just fit them.

Cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The headlights just slide in, with 2 X 10MM bolts each that go through the radiator support panel into the top of the headlight bucket....

The piece that goes underneath the headlight (unsure if name of it) then slides underneath the headlight, on the pins and push until it locks into place...

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
s-l500.jpg

the headlight sits on those style clips and gets 2 bolts as vc described at the top. vk doesn't have the mould vc is talking about as it has plastic bars the moulding under the headlight is part of the bumper.

Loomesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Brock Mock
Two M10 bolts, are you smoking something!
For starters there are no provisions for M10 bolts in the top of the headlight or radiator support.
Could someone please share pics of their own
Cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Two M10 bolts, are you smoking something!
For starters there are no provisions for M10 bolts in the top of the headlight or radiator support.
Could someone please share pics of their own
Cheers

If you look at the end of the radiator support panel, there are 3 holes...1 near the end where the guard bolts, then 2 others evenly spaced from that.....It's the one closest to the guard bolt up point and the last of the 3 holes that the bolts go through to hold the headlight in place....

Yes I made a mistake about the piece that slides under the headlight, as I have a VC and a VH...VK's have a different bumper bar to these to models I have....

If you choose to call it as us smoking something, go find a VK yourself and look at how the headlights are bolted in....I also stated they are 10MM bolts, not M10 bolts.....I would be able to get the bolts that hold the headlights in place, depending on your attitude...

Oh I would share pics, but I'm don't have a camera to do that stuff...But open thy eyes in the area I have mentioned, fit the headlights loosely and you will see where the headlight metal tabs line up with some holes in the radiator support panel

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
My vh has the bottom clips as described by the-boozer. The top has Phillips head screws. Does the vk have a different fixing method at the top?

OP, you have been here 5 minutes. Ask a question and then are rude to those who try to help you. Not a good start.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My vh has the bottom clips as described by the-boozer. The top has Phillips head screws. Does the vk have a different fixing method at the top?

OP, you have been here 5 minutes. Ask a question and then are rude to those who try to help you. Not a good start.

I was going to knick over to a rellies place and grab the necessary parts for the OP to fit the headlights, but after his little message to me, he can whistle dixie....

From my understanding VH and VK headlights are the same....The front indicators interchange, but I believe the VH have amber coloured lenses, whilst the VK has the clear lenses....

Last edited:

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
They are just self tapping screws into the radiator support panel. The screw goes through the tab on top of the headlights. A couple of mine were stripped so I drilled them out and put an M5 nut insert in them.

Loomesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Brock Mock
Thanks Alspos. Have found the screws for the actual headlight but do you know how the blinker attatches to the headlight. It appears to have two clips that slide onto headlight and a tab to bolt it as well. It also has another tab on bottom of blinker but ther is no hole in the recess to bolt it up?