Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk misfiring.

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
dumped vk 202 efi calais mok-up.
hi all i need some good advice.. i cracked a valve spring n replaced it checked all other valves etc.. replaced head and car will not run.. ive checked dizzy (replaced), plugs n fuel is good. all vacuum hses on correctly... but it (when i get it running) runs like ****.. as if its running on 2 cylinders or something... any advice will be great..

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
no vacuum leaks ? I gather the plugs and leads are new and the distributor is good. There's nothing worse than putting parts on just as crappy as the ones you took off (some things I do 3 times for that reason, my oldman makes me dig up **** from the pick a part). I sorta like the vk efi system and have collected a few efi bits of the 3 sets of extractors i have here 2 of them are quiet warped the first set I put on I couldn't get to seal and not leak.

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
well yeh i thought this would be easy... i couldnt really tell if theres any vacuum leaks unless its very small leak all seems ok... ive taken head off twice n checked everything (new gaskets each time) n just give up... i dont wanna pay to tow it to a mechanic n then pay a fortune for them to fix it...

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
new leads on it?

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
nah same leads they all getting spark etc.. i cant work out what it is... :(

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
what the plugs look like? can you tell which cyclinder is missing? maybe a dud injector? (just a guess on the injector bit)

Mad84VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
i would still change the leads. i had the same problem. the leads where getting sparks but they where still ****. buy some news ones and see how u go?

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok may try that tomorra... see how it goes.. cheers.