Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK mods

craney

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VQ statesman series 2
HI,
what would it take to remove the efi and jam on a carby on my 85 vk sl EFI.
it uses about $70 an hour on fuel,i reset the computer it ok for a couple of hours then starts breakin my bank account again.

what i want to do is completely remove the electronic stuff and install a carby or webers

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
Yeh i also have a 85 vk sl EFI, and it does go thru a lot of petrol
i dont even know if your allowed to do that, coz i know u cant put an older engine into newer car for emission laws or something. Seeing as its EFI, go a 3.8L. Better power and fuel economy

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
There shouldn't be a problem with putting a carbie and manafold on your car.. to beat the problem with the Law, make sure that the manafold came off another VK Black Motor of the same year

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
hrmm it sounds like thats a bit of a crazy idea, less power and you dont know for sure if it will fix the problem. you might want to put another chip in it and see what happens. or like killuminati said, get a 3800 out of a VN s1 and you will have massive power and prob a mid 14 second car with a good CAI and filter