Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK motor for VH

tgtslw

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh
My son has a 1984 VH with a 173 motor, 4 speed man, he wants to fit a VK fuel injected motor. Can anyone tell me if it's a straight swap or how much messing around it will be. He wants to maintain the man gearbox.

Last edited:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
no messing around perfect swap
no engineer's report neither
e.p.a. compliant aswell
rego, no problem in any states/territory

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Check out my site for some details about the conversion. Home of the KERR BROTHERS!

We had a donor car so all the parts were there. Ya need to put the EFI fuel tank in, fuel pump, filter, fuel lines (return line, but we put both in), then the rest is pretty straight forward.

Pull the old motor out and take the trans off, change over the flywheel and clutch (you'll need a spigot bearing, but ur 173 should have one in it), put is all onto the EFI motor. On the end of the crank it has a dowl which needs to be removed, otherwise the flywheel won't bolt up. Once all that is done drop the motor in the car. Strip all the crap off the EFI wiring loom that u don't need, then plug it all in, and run the EFI harness back under the dash and plug it into the computer, make sure u also connect the tachometric relay, coz without this nothing will work. Run wires to the fuel pump, and the neutral safety switch wire just splice that into the purple starter motor wire.
Check out my site for a bit more info on the wiring, and my forum also has some info too from when I was asking questions about the conversion.

Pub24/7 and HDT202 are the ones who helped me through it. You can find them on my forum, or prolly better to contact them on here as they'd be online more.