Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK removing rust from the boot/buper area

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
yeah my taillight filled with water :(, was quite frustrating

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
Drill out the spot welds like ari said ,but cut along the top a bit higher so that black plastic bit and tail lights can cover any mistakes(like minor panel worp)Also try to drill out the spot welds on the seams instead of cutting.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
hey OP, if it makes you feel any better, i just foud this:
100_3282.jpg

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
You want to have a look under the rubber that runs around the boot opening that the boot lid seals against, this is where our VC SL is rusting, I think if I was to pull off the rubber seal
that in some spots it would break away the vertical lip that the rubber locates on. I have treated ours the best I can and siliconed it up but it will eventually either have to be scrapped or a major panel job done. The rest of our VC is in pretty good order apart from that boot lip area. I have been tossing up whether to sell it to some one to restore or just keep using it till it dies.

Baphomet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202 sedan
check it all over for rust like people have said, you don't want to be investing all that time in cutting and welding, if you find out theres more areas like that afterwards

blackstig

Reaction score
Members Ride
82 VH SL & 85 VK Executive
my vh had the same rust caused by a un-painted towbar being fitted and rusting out the body behind it.
IMAG0035.jpg