Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk turbo

hone

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 Commodore VK
Hey peeps..im pretty new to this game and i just brought a 85 vk 202 manual and i want to get a engine conversion to a rb25 turbo..any1 in brisbane know where the best place and prices are to get my dream started? thanks 4 da help x
:rofl2:

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Hey peeps..
im pretty new to this game and i just brought a 85 vk 202 manual and i want to get a engine conversion to a Injected 5 ltr..any1 in brisbane know where the best place and prices are to get my dream started? thanks 4 da help x
:rofl2:

fixed it for u

hone

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 Commodore VK
Thanks for dat! Any suggestion on where to start?

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
I think you should start with a Th in front of your ats, instead of a D.

besides that, start sourcing a motor find a cheap one as its probably best to rebuild it before it goes in, so no point in blowing all your money when you can just build one up.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
if youre going to do an rb25 conversion find a cheap/wrecked vl as you will need the front crossmember and then the rb25 should bolt straight in using the vl rb30 crossmember. not sure what the deal is with the gearbox though

hone

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 Commodore VK
thanks razzacaine! im going to hunt around for the parts and weigh up my best option and what i like..thanks mate

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
thats alright mate, i wouldnt mind buying a 'track only' r32 gtr on the cheap and dropping the rb26 into my vb or a vl. would go pretty hard. i never 100% that the rb engines all use the same engine mounts so the vl engine crossmember will hold any of the rb engines, bolt in. id hazard guess that if you use the rb25 gearbox you will have to get a custom gearbox crossmember made up and have the tailshaft modified to fit the new gearbox. not sure how the shifter on the rb25 gearbox would line up compared to the old one.

keep us updated with any research or progress as id be interested to see where this build goes! =)

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
i cant help you with where to go and get help in nsw cause in a Mexican. but you will be changing all the running gear motor gearbox diff fuel tank probably break upgrades.
id look at buying a vl . Before doing that decide what trans you want to use Im guessing your current manual wont be up to the task and wont bolt to a rb motor and find out what if any engineering requirements youll have to comply to to get it on the road (if its to be driven on the road).
you must have a lot of cash if your going to pay a workshop to do the whole job. good luck have fun.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Could just turbo the 202. That's being done with some good results. Check youtube for WTF-202 (turbo VK 202).