Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK V8 Holley Sniper install

kingsrat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais Director VT Clubsport
I want to replace the 4barrel carby on my VK V8 with a sniper, I have an electric fuel pump in the tank (standard low pressure) as well as a mechanical pump. (Standard). Can I replace the internal tank pump with a high pressure later model one out of an injected V8 like a VN onwards and run new fuel lines to suit. Has anyone done this before? It seems too easy

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
when I injected my other vk with a 304 I just used fuel tank out of a VL and the return lines , of course these might all be a little small for anything over 300hp but pump is easy to upgrade as it mounts externally on the outside with a lift pump on the inside , I also found vn holdens had a high pressure in tank pump that could be used as well

Andrew Booth

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VK SS
I fitted a Sniper to my VK 308.
It runs so much better than it did on carby. I used my VK tank and sender. Ran new fuel line and return line and a high pressure external pump. I will probably switch to an internal pump one day soon. They run cooler and quieter. The biggest thing with Snipers is the fuel pressure. It has to be 58-60psi. I initially used the VK V8 original fuel feed line as my return but it was too restrictive.

The snipers can be finicky, but if you follow the instructions, shield some of your wiring, their awesome. Even better if you add the hyperspark and timing control.

I've my sniper running for 3 years now.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
I fitted a Sniper to my VK 308.
It runs so much better than it did on carby. I used my VK tank and sender. Ran new fuel line and return line and a high pressure external pump. I will probably switch to an internal pump one day soon. They run cooler and quieter. The biggest thing with Snipers is the fuel pressure. It has to be 58-60psi. I initially used the VK V8 original fuel feed line as my return but it was too restrictive.

The snipers can be finicky, but if you follow the instructions, shield some of your wiring, their awesome. Even better if you add the hyperspark and timing control.

I've my sniper running for 3 years now.
did you leave the original small v8 pressure pump in take?

Andrew Booth

Reaction score
Members Ride
HDT VK SS
No that was removed. Also removed the mechanical pump of the side of the motor and blocked it off.
Just running the single inline pump.
I am looking at putting an in tank pump in Walbro GSS-342 which will run a lot quieter than my current in-line pump that sits just outside the tank.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think Walbro pumps now come under the brand TI Automotive. Lots of knockoff Walbro pumps in the market. Beware when buying.