Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina Factory V8

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Hey all me and the missus have just got our selves a V8 Berlina...which is a factory V8...

It had a blown motor but the guy has put a 253 in it...

i will post all the details and pics up when we pick the car up on thursday hopefully..
...UPDATE...
Well hello all again...The guy just droped it off...we swapped a 1988 holden astra 1.8L E.F.I with a 5 speed running rough for this clean v8 berlina factory v8!!!

Pics of the astra we swapped him

2a83ijb.jpg

Pics of the berlina

2us7n8y.jpg

149un4m.jpg

2q86l1f.jpg

33vj9g0.jpg

j771wk.jpg

55zic.jpg

xaqwqa.jpg

s2t9c1.jpg

2yy17w9.jpg

ofu8g3.jpg

34s4ew2.jpg

260tkrq.jpg

2mo1owl.jpg

wunjhg.jpg

Last edited:

madvl1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Nice mate. Are you going to keep the 253 in it and what are your plans for it?

B

BXHD

how many vls is that now?! :p
looks great inside!!! u have so many projects on the G.O now. i cant wait to see them finished!

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i know hey and not that much money to keep them ticking over lol

back to 5 vl's haha

Yeah go the mint interior with power windows, elec mirrors FTW!

and keep it the 253 atm as its just been rebuilt and goes well...Not sure what we going to do to this one...Maybe a respray and wheels gotta take stereo out of walky and put in this as the missus wants it in this so setup all again :(

B

BXHD

Yeah i know hey and not that much money to keep them ticking over lol

back to 5 vl's haha

Yeah go the mint interior with power windows, elec mirrors FTW!

and keep it the 253 atm as its just been rebuilt and goes well...Not sure what we going to do to this one...Maybe a respray and wheels gotta take stereo out of walky and put in this as the missus wants it in this so setup all again :(

yeah go electric windows! in the calais, windows only work one side haha. FAIL needa clean the switch connections i rekn. or get a new switch board.
ive got 2 vls :D well one and a half. haha.
ohhh god, the vz power windows are magical. i dnt have to wait 30 seconds for them to go up and down :O haha. :D

ne who, good luck with it dude! looking forward to progress piccys :p

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah thanks mate should be a good one this one :D

All the electric windows go up and down in this and aint bad either there pretty quick not like some haha

....How have you got 1 and a half???? (Do you half own it or is it only half a car?)

Well me i have 3 and a half...and the missus has 1 and a half as we part own the walky paid half each lol

B

BXHD

Yeah thanks mate should be a good one this one :D

All the electric windows go up and down in this and aint bad either there pretty quick not like some haha

....How have you got 1 and a half???? (Do you half own it or is it only half a car?)

Well me i have 3 and a half...and the missus has 1 and a half as we part own the walky paid half each lol

haha, i knew u would ask :)
the calais i gave to my bf because i didnt have the heart to sell it.
always had a soft spot for vls and then when i had money, it just popped up and it was my first car :) (apart from the hunk vl exec paddock drifter :p LOL.)
anywho, got big plans for it and were gonna re-spray it soon. when the bf gets a work ute, we will un-reg it and tuff it up :D always wanted a wicked show car towed by a wicked daily :D haha.
i figured, i bought it for $2,000 2 years ago, its no loss in money just keeping it. couldnt make much off it i dnt rekn. plus its my baby :D :D
ohh and the other car is the vl exec. it died after numerous thrashings, and became a parts donor. but didnt realise it was easily fixed until cut though radiator hoses and F'ed **** up. haha. ohhhh well. the engine is aiight. tempted to sent it away and get it slowly worked on as i can afford it and when the calais is ready, transplant ;)
wow im doomed. cars are SUCH a money pit :( lmao.