Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Calais If you can fix this you must be good

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
sounds like an electrical fault more thatn a mechanical fualt to me. have an auto elctrician test all the circuits for shorts.

G

god1978

try this

grant_hutchinson said:
if you know the answer to this problem plz tell cause i have spent alot of money trying to get it fixed and it still doesnt work.

what happens is the torque convertor doesnt always engaue. some times it works properly and i am on about 2000 rpm at 100kmh and other times it doesnt work and i am doin about 2300 rpm at 100kmh. but when this happens in my calais the oil gauge goes dicky (flicks up and down eratically), the power button doesnt work and the cruise control doesnt work ether. i had the gear box rebuilt but this still happens.

ANYONE OUT THEIR HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IS GOIN ON, PLZ HELP
Hi i think if you check the wiring under the console that goes to the shifter sometimesthey are not connecting or they must be loose my car power button did not work and i rejoined the wires and now it is working fine try that see how you go