Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl calais is moving slowly along

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Well as some know i bought this vl calais a few months back and @ the time of purchase it had a stuffed front bumper and faded paint leaking exhuast ect! since ive had the car i have done full major service, replaced front bumper with matching colour (bumper is only 4months old) fixed exhuast with new gasket, replaced accelerator cable with 2nd hand item,fixed pop ups (where not moving) thrown an alarm system on it $650 clarion head deck (i got it for $400 though), set of xplod 6x9,s in the back on mdf parcel shelf and a set of pioneers 4" 2 ways in the front i went down to autobarn today to look @ some paint and found a colour that looks very nice;) anyway was wondering what everyone thinks its worth for a resale just curious to others opinions as to what you (if buying) where happy to pay! the car is unregstd and blows a little smoke but still has plenty of get up and go! also a few shots of the car in the light and the 6x9,s up the back enjoy!

Last edited:

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
looks good. thats the first time ive ever seen a vl calais with the eyelids open. why is the ass end so high lol

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Looks good so far, thats how I am doing my car, just little bits slowly adding up to a completed car. It looks like someone was going old school on it though with the rear springs :whistling

Just keep it nice and you will be fine

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
looks good. thats the first time ive ever seen a vl calais with the eyelids open. why is the ass end so high lol
cheers mate!
yeah the eyelids werent working when i first got the car due to a blown relay, but i pulled them off for good measure and put wd40 on all the mechanical control arms and the pop ups work real smooth now:thumbsup:
Looks good so far, thats how I am doing my car, just little bits slowly adding up to a completed car. It looks like someone was going old school on it though with the rear springs :whistling

Just keep it nice and you will be fine

Good luck with it :thumbsup:
yeah i dont know why the previous owner jacked the back end up so high! but a set of super lows in the near future should get it all sorted:thumbsup:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
went down to the vl this morning and i left the interiour light on, battery is dead and then alarm goes spastik when i tried to disarm the car! had to throw on some earmuffs and disconect most of the alarm just to turn it off:eek: anyway jump started the car and hooked the alarm back up but i think its dead as its not working anymore:( anyway these things happen!

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
hey mate i payed $1000 for mine and mine was in better condition paint wise but i needed a new trans and diff. so i would probably pay around $2500-$3000 for it. ive spent about $2000 on mine now and its sweet with a good paint job. so yeah i dont recon you would get anymore than that.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
if its N/A u u would get more selling it in parts.. but its worth around the 1500 well thats what i would pay as ive gotten better examples for around that price..

if its original turbo u could get around 3- 4 g