Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl calais? what would you offer?

V

VLCalais+VXSS

i paid $6800 for my series 2 calais, she's mint with a few decent mods... i've had 2 offers allready... first one offered 8 n a half grand cash the moment he saw it... bextor is right... its all about demand in ur area and the quality in all the areas of the car... got nothing to do with age... quick enuff too considering i havent had a single turbo SR20 beat me yet :)

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I reckon $4500 wouldnt be unreasonable. Supply & demand. Vl's are still worth good $$$ regardless of their age, I think because they are a damn good car.With the best engine of the breed. Including the N,P R S. Reliability, looks, modification potential, comfort & style, what else do you want. Plus, that flip front is just cool, even after 20 years!

D

Dead Head

It's a classic model and if somebody wants it they will pay what ever you are asking because another one could be harder to find and even dearer. Exspecially if it is 5lt

vlct400

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
well i paid $10500 for my calais turbo and its in perfect condition so maybe round the 5000 mark someone will buy it they are a sort after car

stock_vl

wh internationals?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais 3.0L
dan_man

lol you would pay 8grand for a v8 and wouldnt pay 12 for a calais turbo.....

lol. have you not read that stock the straight6 was beating the 8 down the 1/4 mile?
the gear ratios were alll @#$# im the 8's and the weight of them compared to that of the 6's power was terrible.

plus a calais turbo has alot more to offer then an 8.

oooh well!!

you have never seen a calais turbo go for more then 12?

ttjet went for 26grand minus the breaks, rims, plates

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
you will be surprised what you can get in the trading post, cheap vl calais, you just gotta go and ring them up early on a Thursday morning before someone else gets to it

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
i missed out on a vl calais for 1300 and it wasnt too bad either they just bought a new car and wanted to get rid of it... the guy was there giving them the money when i called :ranting: :b: :mad:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
VL calais is a classic because at the time it was the statesman/caprice of the lineup. and it was nice and compact but big enough to live with, I paid $3k for my exec with 223,000 on the clock and I was having a hard time finding a VL around here (melb), You can't get a decent calais for under $5k there will be some major probs with it. VN onwards are bloody boats to drive IMO, and forget about getting a walkinshaw (Group A SS SV) for 16k try 25k and it'll be a daily driver too.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah, walkinshaw will set you back ALOT but will probably only go up in the future. and one of my mates brothers had one and sold it, cant remember how much for but im pretty sure it was around the high 7 mark! i wish i had 7g back then