Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Calais wiring diagram

M

mobbsy

hey my head lights no longer pop up on my calais the motor is not stuffed so would any of u guys have a wiring diagram that u could send to me.

that would be great. :)

seventh path

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VL RB30 Berlina
if you van wait until monday i could send them to you otherwise you most likely would find them on the net

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
why wait until monday when ya can have them today =P sent an email to you with the wiring diagrams.

Cheers Phill

sed8

commodore nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute @ vk calais
there is a relay in front of the battery on the drivers side near your headlight plugs if this is stuffed lights won't go up i've disconnected mine for looks trace the wiring from your headlight lids and you'll find it

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
be quicker and more legal to put a toggle switch on teh relay would it not?

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
It could also be the "auto park" contacts within the motor housing itself (like the wiper motors have) causing probs too.

There was a small diagram posted on here a while back to help out a guy - it was superstar who asked for help in this thread:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=2298

But the post & pic seems to have been wiped out (deleted).

Maybe superstar (the guy in the thread) has a copy of the pic because he sorted his light flippers out after post 25 (there have been a few deleted, that's why it makes no sense!)

ovl_000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL calais
I just bought a headlight motor for my vl calais. does anyone know which way they go in and where they plug into?

cheers

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
I just bought a headlight motor for my vl calais. does anyone know which way they go in and where they plug into?

cheers

the loom connection is only going to plug into another with the same connection lol

the headlights connections are similar main for low beam, only the correct light bulb will connect.

park is similar as above.

green and black wires go to the high beam bulb, green to bulb, black to the light itself.

the headlights will only fit one way lol :yeah:

ovl_000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL calais
And how does the motor that drives the flaps mount on to the whole assembly? reason why I'm asking is mine was never fitted with one when i bought a while ago. I also will be putting a H.I.D kit into the headlights to brighten them up a bit, I will post how they go too.