Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Dash into VH

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i have vk calais interior dash and all i love the look of it looks tuff and u have a digital read out of your speed for us lazy ppl

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
man that would have been a mission to get that all working i'm sure it look tops i woukdn't mind that but too much work on a $600 car

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
lol i bought it with in in already :p check out the piks of it on my page.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i saw some in the steering wheel thread looks good. very similar to my old calais with the green interior and dark green paint job.
Which page is that?

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
Pub24/7 said:
On my previous thread darkmoon metioned gettinbg a vl dash and some style dials, I looked at the dials and think they look great. After failing to win the sl/e dash on ebay (slept in and got outbid) i've rung around and found one but they want $75 (rip off). Basically all i want is the tacho, I looked at prices in shop ranging from $60-150 ($60 for a cheap tacho is a rip-off).
Now this vl dash idea is intriging, There's a couple on ebay with full instruments and tacho going pretty cheap. I want to know the following.
1: Will it fit (i assume it will)?
2: Will my speedo cable plug in and work to a degree (mines out already so it doesn't bother me)?
3: Do the volt, temp, fuel gauges hook up and work the same way as vh?
4: is it worth the effort i like the look with style dials but if it cost is going to be more than $75 i will prolly just get the sl/e dash

If anyone has done this conversion or has a sl/e dash or small tacho(I hate those monster types and people just steal them) they wish to sell let me know.

I went through the ringer a bit trying to find out how to fit a VL instrument cluster to a VK EFI. I thought it would be ok as the EFI computer (i was wrong) would work ok but no....

VL speedo's and tacho's run from the ECM at a different pulse rate from any other holden built. Thats what makes it harder but if you visit the below site, they sell a converter module and that would let you fit any instrument to any car.
Worth a look at least
Good luck
Kain
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/vbvl.htm