Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL front seats in to a VH

bruggy_vh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL
I’ve been trying to find a thread about VL seats into a VH. But I can’t seem to find a thread.
I know the drivers side and back VL seats fit in a VK. What about a VH?? Any information would be great!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Can mod passenger seat to fit but no not really straight bolt up unless you like it in there at weird angle.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
I know what you mean I did vh see seats into my vl years ago I used a 50x25mm end capped painted black and longer bolts to make it level on the passangers side outer rail as the vl rails wouldn't bolt to the vh seat base I figured you could do the same but on the inner rail to compensate for there not being the cattletick convertor hump in the floor

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why would you change the seat rails, for a seat changeover? To me, that sounds like adding work to a simple swap over.

Mikecaprice

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq caprice v8 vq v8 vs ss man
Cause it's not a simple change over
Vl floor pans have an extra bump in them on the passangers side of the trans tunnel to accommodate the catalytic converter
vh floor pan doesn't have this making a 50mm hight difference between the inner trans tunnel rail and the outer door side rail on vl pasanger seats which won't sit level in a vh

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Iirc correctly series 2 vl seats the frames can be unbolted & can be swapped around(retrofitted) whereas series 1 vl seats can't be like vb-vh seats.

Went through that crap scavenging all parts needed for scheel interior into vk using uk rs2000 seats...,mant that was a PITA.

Back in the streetcommodores,calaisturbo days when car mags,car shows & cruises were big lots of early girls got interior upgrades from vn-s calais interiors to the much coveted hsv devonish seats :p

Then coulsens craze took over.

Might be able to find old seat conversion threads on calaisturbo site if it's still around if there are can't find them on this site.

Damn I feel old remembering info shite from past like above :eek:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Me personally, I swapped out the VC seats for VN.....Then I swapped out the VN seats for VS seats.....

All I needed to do was fold back the outer front tab on both seats 180 degrees, use 3 VN/VS seat bolts and 1 VC seat bolt and presto, bolt straight in and sit nice and flat.....Alot more comfortable to boot as well :)