Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL locks easy to open with other keys

B

BoostinJet

Yeah sorry i meant solex locks, They are just like like other locks You really need to install a good alarm system if you want to be on the safe side.

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
VL Berlina 5speed said:
yah it is illegal in sa if you can remove the key from the igniton while the car is turned to the on persition on the igniton, yah and my old mans vvs u can pull the key out whiole its running so i think its goign to start happening to the new models cars soon, vn/p/r/s

Yea my VN lets me pull the key out of the ignition with it running. It still doesn't start with other VN keys though.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
both my VK & my VL couldnt remove keys, nor open the locks with others, but Ive used my keys on other peoples without problems.....

& this one time, a forum member MSN'd me asking to bring my keys to his house...... hhmmm ask where his keys were ???? drivers seat :p

Yay for VL's dodgey locks ;) I had to destroy the locks to get into my VK Calais :(

D.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My key opens and starts a friends VH And Vice Versa. He thought it would be funny to open my car and put his steering lock around my pedals so i couldnt drive the car.

I found it funny to open his car, get inside it, turn it on and threaten to drive away.

I had my car opened by somebody with a Commodore Key.

They stole my melways and HRT Flag....Oh, and they rolled it down the hill about 10 metres.:bang:

So i got some Solex locks, havent had an issue since....but then again, its only an NA

Lozzza

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
1988 VL Executive
This isn't really realting to anything, but are "clublocks" or steering wheel locks easy to get off? I recently purchased one. It was around $60 and i'm scared my car is going to get stolen. My car is in original codition. No cd player etc, has nothing to offer anybody but a quick ride.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yah some club locks can b, but the more expensive clubs locks should b safer, im not going to mention any was that they can be removed as some low life scum could be reading, just remember if they want it that bad they will take it no matter what extent

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Lozzza said:
This isn't really realting to anything, but are "clublocks" or steering wheel locks easy to get off? I recently purchased one. It was around $60 and i'm scared my car is going to get stolen. My car is in original codition. No cd player etc, has nothing to offer anybody but a quick ride.
9/10 a clublock is only good as a visual deterent to a joyrider. A "pro" probabaly wouldnt have any problems getting one off, but they're just another thing you can do to keep the car safe, the more time a thief has to spend trying to get the thing going the less likely they are to want to touch it.

You can if you're worried get another one and put it around your pedals and you can also get locks that go other the handbrake and lock the gear shift lever in PARK.

Oh, and a padlock fits between the T-Piece on the automatic transmission and the top so that it cannot be lifted up.:cops:

themantiss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
solve all the problems!!! fit an alarm with button door unlocking, and shave the locks!!! even disconnecting them on a vl should be enough actually, cos its really really hard to do the coathanger pop the lock thing on the locks cos they are sideways mounted instead of up and down. an expensive option for if they do get into the car, quick release steering wheels. probably only any good at nighttime when you can take the wheel in at night rather than carying it around the mall though... and yeah i lost the key to my steering wheel lock thing and cut through it in less that 2 minutes with half a hacksaw blade...solex are a good option but only in conjunction with other security measures as they are really a stop gap...my boss has a wrx sti and he has the best of the best in security, including a huuuge bolt sunken into the floor of his garage onto which he bolts a fairly hefty security chain (he showed me the bolt cutters he tried to cut it with...deeestroyed) that goes through all 4 mags and over the front and rear chassis rails i think...bit extreme and a pain in the arse but if you are serious about security...sorry for the rant but am fairly drunken so forgive me...

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
isaw athing on tv a while back and yes easy to get off

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
bennzy said:
ive seen a 5 cent piece open a vl commodore, he was a mechanic who showed my dad, dunno where we knew him from but yea, we were amazed how easy he did it with a 5 cent piece, but of course didnt start the car with the coin tho
yeah ive used a five cent piece and seen others start them with a small flat screwdriver no worrys