Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL LSD Diff to VK

TUFFVB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore
Hi,

VL Diffs DO bolt straight in. I know this as i am in the process of doing this right now.
As stated above if you dont have discs already you need a master cylinder to suit. You can remove some check valve from the rear outlet in the stock master cylinder but I just got a second hand master cylinder off another commodore with discs already. Its just easier in my opinion and i didnt know what i was doing as far as the check valve.
AS FOR TAILSHAFTS
You need a rear half of a VL tailshaft, and the front half of a VB-VK V8 tailshaft. MUST BE V8 front half otherwise it will be to small.

Goodluck with it mate, VL Turbo diffs are great, your lucky to find one i had to settle for a normal VL diff but 'm not making 1000hp so it will be fine till i drop a worked 308 in it anyway.

Cheers
James

Guzzoline addict

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6
How can you use a v8 tailshaft in a 6 cyl when the motor and box are about 60-70mm more forward on a v8? VN-VS v8 might fit .

Last edited:

bsm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vb sl/e 310 + Vc sl/e
Commodore propeller shafts are color coded for engine and gearbox and axle type.

Color codes Grey, Black, Gold, Violet, Bark Blue, Dark Green, Orange for vb to vh.

I have a book some were in my collection that I can scan if needed.

hiy_po

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Executive
How can you use a v8 tailshaft in a 6 cyl when the motor and box are about 60-70mm more forward on a v8?

Hope you are wrong about that because I ended up buying a tailshaft modified to suit a w57 supra behind a v8 for when I do my own supra conversion :-O
I am counting on its front half bolting straight up to my VN rear half and fitting perfectly. Posters at the time said the bellhousing length placed the grarbox in the same place six or 8. Suppose I will find out when I do it.

You need a rear half of a VL tailshaft, and the front half of a VB-VK V8 tailshaft

There is a part list for the smaller size CVJ and CB to suit the VL as well as a member saying he has used one. I tested a few VL shafts and found them all to be the large size. Have never seen a small one But it seems they do exist. Was there a 4cyl VL export model? maybe that had a small shaft