Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Problems

SLE-EZY

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Berlina
VL Aircon Problems

Hey, i got my VL a few years ago... when bought, all my aircon hoses were disconnected. the only number that i have on the hoses is 3, so this could be an issue. does anyone have a diagram or anything for me to be abel2 to hook them all back up right ? because i have no windscreen de-fogger thing, wateva its called, and its getting cold and my windscreen is starting to fog up heaps good. any help wud be appreciated

Last edited:

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
Number three (3) Goes into the recirculation valve right near the blower fan.

Number four (4) Goes through the firewall and connects to the engine (Vac supply)

Number five (5) Goes to a small one way valve (White and black round thing) on the drivers side near the firewall and disapears behind the heater box.

Number eight (8) goes to a actuator near the steering coloum with a rod and a lever on it, its close to the front of the dash and i think the lever pushes down.

Number nine (9) goes to a actuator behind the ciggie lighter area.

Everything else has a rubber blocking teet on it, all up i think there was four.

D

dibly1980

Im having the same problem except mine are disconnected behind the control panel and none of my tubes are numbered?

Rogue-VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
1JZ-GTE VL SL
it won't be that difficult just trial and error, pull the dash appart (just what you need to ) to access the tubes, start the car and you should be able to find the one that has vacum (i think it goes in the centre) the try the other lines on only one port so you can find what vent they control, then plug them all in to where you believe they should be and test all the settings. This will probably take about 1/2 and hour max.

Last edited: