Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Project

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hi all.
Newbie here this is my first visit and first post to this site. Have just aquired a VL berlina auto with a non tubro RB30, and I will be making it my project car converting it to a V8 manual, and there in lies my first question. Apart from a K frame, what else will I need for the conversion, and then engine mods ( chasing 300kilowats at the treads )?

I should be picking the car up this week and then its straight into the shed ready for when I can find time (yea right) to start stripping it down for a sand and repaint. I'll be shore to take some initial photos before the long slow process begins.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to continually updating you fine folk.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Injected v8 out of a later model car or a carby 308?
Your going to need cubes and alot of cash to pull that power.

You could go an ls1 with heads cam and tune and pull 300 then

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Was looking at the injected v8 option, and would probably stroke and supercharge it. But maby the ls1 would be a better option.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
From experience on these forums, the LS1 seems to be the way to go, though I can't remember if it's the LS1 or not that's meant to be really expensive to put in?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
any injected conversion is expensive.. so be prepared to splash the cash,,

depends how deep ur pockets are.. Listen to nasty1 as he has done this injected conversion on his old L

Welcome to JC. u will find heaps of useful info on this site.

+make a thread in Here This is where PPl show their cars and builds.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
the 304 injected v8 conversion can be done for under $2000 including engine,loom,headers etc.i done my conversion for $2200 or $2300 and that was manual aswell.

i havent done the ls1 thing yet but i will.its expensive thoe but well worth it.

any thoughts on rb30et?

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Thanks detox_nath83 for the forum tip I will post there later when I have a photo to upload.

Ok...............after much convincing from some friends of mine in the know I have re-adjusted my power output to a more reasonable 200+k/w, and being in a vl it will still be more than enough ( for now anyway lol). What I will be searching for is a VN-VR 5lt manual as my donor car, so hopefully I can find a cheap one locally, in the not to distant future.

On a positive note I picked the car up this arvo so will be taking some photos later to show what I have to work with and see how far I have to go. Oh well have to start somwhere I guess.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
200 rwkw is still going to be hard to push from a standard stroke.unless you charge it or throw some compression in it with a decent manifold etc

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
another vl coming back to life good to see..............go the ls1 wish i did now!!