Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Project

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Injected v8 out of a later model car or a carby 308?
Your going to need cubes and alot of cash to pull that power.

You could go an ls1 with heads cam and tune and pull 300 then

You couldn't put a carby 308 in it as it would be older than what the car originally came out with.

You could however, fit a carby 304, as that is what they were from factory.

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hay guys thanks for all the info.

Nasty1- what makes the ls1 conversion so expensive? is it the engine and componentry or the engineering side of it. As ive been told I would have to get it engineering certified. I have also been thinking of stroking it out to 5.6lt (I think or is it 5.7, not shore) and would also like to put a supercharger on it at some stage.

Hi Uwishn- Why do you whish you went the ls1, what do you have in it at the moment? Nice walky replica by the way mate:beer chug:

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
nasty1- I had thought about the RB30, and putting a turbo on it, but just really love the note of a solid v8, and I ashume the cost to get the power output from the Rb30 would be about the same once I strengthend internals and purchased a turbo kit.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
ls1 is a 5.7 plenty of power for a vl, whilst you pay the loan off for the conversion lol.

i built a 5lt for mine and really wish i waited to put an ls in it which i will one day,
it would cost about 5k more than fitting a 5lt,there is one going on eBay just needs paint and trim and a few bits for $8k that would be a sick buy(though nasty1 would know a fairly accurate build cost on an ls conversion)

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
uwishn- what kind of power are you getting from your worked 5lt? Do you know if you would have to have it engineered by putting in a ls1?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
The conversion parts are what cost to do the ls1.also eng and trans more exoensive then a fuel injected 304...

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Vl turbo will pull more power stock or modified then a 304 with work.

My rb30 is running 18psi small cam with a 35/40 microtech and injectors pulls 320rwkw

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Vl turbo will pull more power stock or modified then a 304 with work.

My rb30 is running 18psi small cam with a 35/40 microtech and injectors pulls 320rwkw

So what your saying is that if I kept the Rb30 and turbo it ( abviously adding extras aswell) that I will be able to get the original 300+ rwkw's that I was looking for. I guess that could convince me to keep it even, will have to rethink that one. Finally took a picture of it tonight and will post it in a thread in the area that detox_nath83 told me about.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Many people have pulled that power.its all in the tune......