Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Project

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Cheers nasty1 thanks for that. I have uploaded pictures into a new thread in show you ride under vl, but just waiting for the moderators to ok the thread. Hopefully it doesn't take to long:beer chug:

Jedwards

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commie
Nice mate.
yeah, stick with the RB30.
Best things for RB30s, Cam, exhaust, timing advanced, inlet and tune, then turbo is also another good addition.
Also, converting the na motor to turbo, would be better (In my opinion) than getting an already turboed rb30.
When you turbo it, dont decompress the engine. Leave it at the same compression, just chuck the turbo conversion on. RB30, loves it, and it will last.
I know a guy who ran 18psi through a stock NA rb30 motor and blew up the turbo because it was a cheap Chinese turbo.

If you need more help, look on the R31 skyline club, as they use the same motors.

THE EASIEST POWER GAIN FOR A RB30!
Advancing the timing;
Timing - R31 Skyline Club Wiki
You have to run 98 octane fuel, but if you really love your car, youll be running it anyways.

Recommended mods to RB30E;
Recommended mods to RB30E - R31 Skyline Club Wiki

Twin Cam conversion;
Twin Cam conversion - R31 Skyline Club Wiki

Turbocharging;
Turbocharging - R31 Skyline Club Wiki

These mods listed actually seem fairly easy to do, and I am considering doing them as well.
The twin cam head gives a decent chunk of more power and itll still be NA!
need more help, and look through the skyline club wiki. Its actually really helpful.
Hopefully this helps you out a bit.

AaronsVL

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Hi Jedwards, cheers for that info, its awsome to have somwhere to start, im looking at starting to strip it down this arvo. Just whish it was finished already haha, long ways to go yet, and if the wife has anything to do with it, it will be even longer. LOL