Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Under-bonnet Mods where 2 start ?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
they probably do, well i would say for sure they do but i dont know what company.
and sando, i wasnt thinking what i wrote injected.
but still 25-30k for a twin turbo setup on a carby, may aswell upgrade to an injected and save on the price of adding a turbo to an injected engine rather than a carby

sando_3000

Prestige Panelbeater
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Berlina 5.0
yeah mate i see where u'r comming from ,i dont really wanna go injected so i'd most likley juz get a stroker built or sumtin much cheaper. i'm not looking 2 build a strip car so the TT setup prolly wouldnt be worth the time n money 4 everyday use.

N

nauta_boiVL

how much would a supercharger cost on average these days??

D

dobbie

ive got one of the 5psi corrolla job charges sittin around dont know if i wnt 2 use it or not if any wants 1 let me know

N

njester

has anyone actually done a decent charge job on a vl as im starting to put pen to paper on what im going to start doing in the next month or so and was leaning towards charging (personal preference supercharged family) and yeah havent seen any decent VLs charged plenty of turbos but meh i dont know let us know if you have seen any good ones..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
in 1 street commies mag there is a blue vl that is supercharged, not srue wat issue ill find it 4 yah later but its got a write up and looks not half bad

N

njester

thanks that would be cool.. yeah its hard cos i know a bit about cars but i still have alot to learn and most of my mates keep telling me if i do this you HAVE to do that and i wouldnt mind seeing what other people have done so i can learn a bit more and make my own choice instead of building someone elses car.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
street commodores
november 2003
pages 14-20

its the cover car a blue vl with title 'screaming blue'

he uses a STA supercharger running at 12psi

Cheeza5

Reaction score