Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Walkinshaw naked?

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As above, there still a genuine VL Group A SS, when they were new they got the bodykit in boxes (some even have the WHOLE kit in boxes,and had Calais door moulds).

All 500 of the first batch were identical tho (as per group A rules), the last 250 they could do what they wanted with them.

Ahhh.... Not quite equal. The original body kit covered the last window next to the "C" pillar but CAMS (or whoever it was that administered the homologation) knocked it on the head and forced a small change to open the window. This happened part way thru the initial build and some early ones have the original kit.

Reaper

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
The thing with the Walkys is they weren't apreciated how cool they were untill you couldn't buy them any more.
We had 2 as our wedding cars going back 13 odd years ago, much cooler than the normal white Ford LTDs that most people had..

Dazz

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Ahhh.... Not quite equal. The original body kit covered the last window next to the "C" pillar but CAMS (or whoever it was that administered the homologation) knocked it on the head and forced a small change to open the window. This happened part way thru the initial build and some early ones have the original kit.

Reaper

I was actually wondering about that. If i get one, i want one without the window hole. Looks a million times better.

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
there seems to be alot of answered questions and some unanswered with lots of interesting pics here
www.walkinshaw.net - History

Very interesting site espesially this page Re Calais Walkys

Calais Walkinshaw - www.walkinshaw.net - Home of the VL SS Group A SV

P1011075.jpg

Dazz

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
That's the one i've heard about. Looks aright i guess as long as you get the power and interior. it's up to the owner to fit the kit or not (not everyone like the kit) There probly even rarer in this form as no1 really expects to see/find one

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
haha atleast i got to floor that beast once or twice in my life! i was like 12 at the time at a farm but it was good ****.

VLSS643

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SS GroupA & VE Maloo
The SS GroupA pictured is my car.
I purchased it this year from the Widow of the original owner who is a family friend. I have known this car for it's 21 year life.

It was build by HSV as it is today, it never had a factory full kit fitted and the owner was never given the kit. We believe 7 or 9 were built like this and given away to the top selling HSV dealers at the time.

My car went to Burwood and was the dealer principals car for 3 months until my parents friend bought it.

It is a full VL GroupA SS, number 643 of the 750.

it is infact an SL commodore and HSV fitted the Calais lights.