Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL walkinshaw replica 666-GMC

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
thanks for that. also, you mentioned spacers to raise the rear of the spoiler? Any more info on them? Also, could you please put up some pics of these areas?
good to see another walky rep coming,that makes four of us doing the same project :)
mate i didn't raise my spoiler i made the piller molds longer,either way you will never get them to sit perfect like a real walky,unless you want to spend all year on them.
post a thread up keen to see it.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tonight I put the new vn power steering rack in, and got my extractors to fit around on the driver side.
I still need to reconnect the steering, tie rods, and power steering pump, but the main part are where they belong.

great stuff,i'm spending all w/e on mine need to try finish the bloody thing before you beat me lol.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
thanks for that. also, you mentioned spacers to raise the rear of the spoiler? Any more info on them? Also, could you please put up some pics of these areas?

I used some rubber disks with holes in them. these are under the rear mounting points and lift the back by no more than 10mm.
as the back of the spoiler rose, it moved forward a little so that it would reduce the gap over the c pillar cover.

I chose to do this as I wasn't sure where to add more fiber glass.

i'll get some pics when there is more light in the garrage,

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
great stuff,i'm spending all w/e on mine need to try finish the bloody thing before you beat me lol.

I've had some new v8 disks and some cleaned up calipers in the garrage for a week now and need to get these on over the weekend.
once the front wheels are back on i'll be relocating the fuel lines and working out why my fuel pump stopped. its got power and earth and i'm concerned its seized up on some muck that it may have picked up from the tank.

after that's done I need a manual surround for the interior, connect a few more wires to the dash, and my biggest task, making my speedo work with the limited instructions I have.
some other little things are,
hook up the carbon canister, get a gear knob, put the bonnet on, get a wheel alignment, road worthy then rego.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
got the fuel pump sorted again today. I figure it had a bad earth.
after this I started the car for the 1st time with the extractors and exhaust fitted. it sounds right and the power steering seems to work right.
The clutch is not disengaging when I push the pedal in so now I have to put more time into that again. sad face.

I have moved the fuel lines away from the exhaust, a bit. i'd like to move them back against the firewall, cut them and flare the ends.
this will require some new tools, and perhaps disconnecting the steering column form the rack again. it was a real pain getting the 2 connected with the engine in place the first time so i'm probably going to procrastinate a bit with this job.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
got the fuel pump sorted again today. I figure it had a bad earth.
after this I started the car for the 1st time with the extractors and exhaust fitted. it sounds right and the power steering seems to work right.
The clutch is not disengaging when I push the pedal in so now I have to put more time into that again. sad face.

I have moved the fuel lines away from the exhaust, a bit. i'd like to move them back against the firewall, cut them and flare the ends.
this will require some new tools, and perhaps disconnecting the steering column form the rack again. it was a real pain getting the 2 connected with the engine in place the first time so i'm probably going to procrastinate a bit with this job.
cool mate good work,i had my box out about 4times i hope you don't have the same drama lol.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 stands, a pair of scissor jacks and a trolley jack.
not the best tools for getting gearboxes in and out.

it was much easier at my parents old place where they had a pit in the drive way and you could really get under the car.
it was a real PITA getting things done under the car and I'm preying that bleeding the clutch again will solve the problem. I'm really considering trailering it to the local mechanic at the servo and getting them to do it on their hoist.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah that sucks,i have a transmission jack i got off eBay for $100 real old tank and makes doing gearboxes a breeze.
mechanics will charge you about $400 to take them out and fiddle with them from memory my dad use to charge that.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
after pumping the clutch for a while last night it seemed to get better.
The clutch doesn't fully disengage and slips a little when the pedal is all the way in but its enough to let me start the car, back it out, turn it around and drive it in forwards.

I got a few pics while it was out.
IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

_MG_7280.jpg

_MG_7279.jpg

_MG_7278.jpg

_MG_7277.jpg