Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL walkinshaw replica 666-GMC

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL walky replica, ve sv6, vy s
my clutch problem is solved.
the end of the connecting rod from the clutch pedal to the master cylinder is adjustable. I extended it a few turns and now my friction point is at a sensible point above the floor!!
I am so relieved that I don't have to pull the gear box out.

now my next challenge is to find a connector for the reverse light and speedo sockets so that I can wire them up.
and also to figure out which of the 2 wires from the speed sender is which so that I connect it up to the ratio box correctly.

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
easy fix for the reverse lights. grab a auto loom from a vl 6 and it should plug in near the brake booster and just need to work out witch wires do the lights. ill try find out of ct what wires do the lights

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
I read somewhere that someone used molex connectors. I have a male and female connector so I'll see what I can do with them. I should have sorted this put before putting the box in because I can't see inside the socket now

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
yeah mate my old man just used spade terminals on the box and ran them to the loom on the drivers side of the car that goes to the reverse lights,not sure how he done it i wasn't home though i will find out for you.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
i found the right vss connector to fit my reverse switch today and I wired it up tonight.
I also found the right connector for the speed sensor, so now I should be able to wire that up to the ratio box, ecu and speedo.

twr-92

Reaction score
Members Ride
currently working through a fuel problem. the high pressure pump sucks air. this was after putting about 10 litres in the tank. if the opportunity presents itself, i'll take the sender and low pressure unit out today to inspect it and see if there is a split hose or something.