Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl with a 202?

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
202 isnt a bad motor lets not forget how great they were in the GTR XU1's with the tripple carbs, still a popular and modest motor cheap to maintain, the RB motor great in it's own respect, was a knee jerk reaction for fuel ecconomy and efficiency, which was great for holden and pulled off well.
I like the sound of the 202 more, however putting it in a VL isnt much point.
A better question to ask would be could i ram a 3.8 ecotec in it. ive heard many lumpy ones of those getting round.

P.S i dont care if people disagree as far as im concerned this is a constructive cristisim forum not a flaming one. lets remember to act like adults shall we.

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
@giBbzy, you are right the engine emmissions standards of the mid to late 80's were a nightmare for holden!
@Trav001, the 202 (especially the red 202) were and still are a fantastic motor.... and to those who are calling them boat anchors you really have got to be kidding, you have only been raised in the computer controlled age so of course your product is better.
there are several 3.8lts ecotecs getting around in VL'S and VK's. so all is good on that front.
@bow down, I couldn't agree with you more, you will not find an RB30 anywhere that could run low on oil and with no water in it and just keep on running! and running, N running. 202 is THE MOTOR and always will be.
think of the age of armageddon and start preying you have a 202 to save your life when all the computer controlled fuel injected cars will no longer start (this is a slightly extreme way of making a point) point made!!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Because BTTF is now involved, this thread will never die, and if it does, WE'LL HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Because BTTF is now involved, this thread will never die, and if it does, WE'LL HAVE TO GO BACK!!!!
perfect! we will be back cos somebody will thread dig this IN THE FUTURE.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
bahaha yeah i love those movies :p