Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL WONT START - suggestions???

My Car Pwns

16 Mths Suspended Lisence
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fully Sick Push Bike Uleh!
hi, my VL Berlina 87 wont start. it was running fine until the other day, got to the lights and it conked out, then started coughing and backfiring..
mechanics said it was the AFM (air flow meter) so i replaced that but still doesnt start. i checked the fuel line and the spark and they both fine, but dont know what the problem could be.. i was thinking maybe the Crank angle sensor ? does anyone know about the computer on a VL? i have no idea where or what it is but apparently it says what the problem is with the car? PLS HELP!!! as i'v been going nuts. :bang: :b:

My Car Pwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry im a noob.. which pump? fuel? and wotz the dizzy? fuel pump is working and engine is getting fuel...

V

VLCT87

yer ya feul pump and ya distributer open it and it may have moisture in it thats wat happened to mine

My Car Pwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
so jack the car up, and take out the fuel filter n check it out? thats towards the back end of the car yer? i took the distributer cap off and thats fine.. no moisture.. i'v been tryin 2 start if for a couple of days now.. it kicks, but duznt fire...

V

VLCT87

umm...check ya leads and plugs they might be fouled thats all i can think of

My Car Pwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
they fine 2.. how do i do a diagnose with the computer on the VL?

R

rattattack1313

your motor is a straight 6???? it has a distributor???(thats the round thingie all the spark plug leads go into, and 1 comes out and goes to the coil)....check the points for wear.....and the rotor button too...thats the little thingie that spins around in the top of the dizzy).......any moisture in the dizzy ,and no-go...............

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
yeah i decided to clean my motor last week everything under the bonnet nice and shinny.But to my dissapointment it wouldnt start i had soaked the dizzy and i had to leave it for a day to dry out but all is fine now :D :D :D