Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VLs easy to steal

southy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Suzuki Swift GTI
I have to agree with the fact solex wont work my brothers car had shaved locks and a few little farkers got into the car through the boot.
He did catch one of the little bar$tards though was going to belt the crap out of him but he was too young so called the police instead.

He must have been a bloody smally kid and been able to take the back seats off through the boot cuz there arnt any holes to get through in a VL..

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
He must have been a bloody smally kid and been able to take the back seats off through the boot cuz there arnt any holes to get through in a VL..

Definantly not through the back cause he had a dual sub box in it that you could barely take out if you wanted to in the day let a lone at two in the morning with no light and while not trying to make a sound.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i have a steering lock on my car and the cd player that i have in the car has a option to make a red light flash if the face is removed so at night i take the face of the cd player so the red light is flashing (i think it makes a small deterrent to people stealing it)

If they are keen enough and you have an aftermarket steering wheel, how hard is it to undo 8 screws with an allend key and throw on another steering wheel? Also you can buy wheel clamps for like 70 bucks, i bought one so my car cant be pushed away and a tilt tray would be way to noisy. Also kill switches are a very cheap and easy way to stall the would be theif.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Take lead off coil

B

BXHD

Doesnt make it any harder to put an object (wont say what) between the window and trim and popping the locks.

Older cars are inherently easier to get into than later models, so your money is probabaly best spent on stopping the car moving when somebody does get inside.

yeah it wouldnt stop someone if they really wanted to get into ur car, anyone could get into any car. a vz with shaved doors and alarm got stolen.wtf?!
anyway, just makes it a little bit harder i guess?!
meh, do wat ya want!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Take lead off coil

Car doesn't start, they open the bonnet. Leads off, swap a lead over and off they go. I don't know I've never been a fan of that idea.

A good alarm, new locks.

If it's at home, have it garaged. If it can't be garaged, sensor light + dogs, don't park it on the road.

If you have to go out and leave it somewhere, leave it somewhere public where people can see it, and is well lit etc.

Most times it'll be stolen because its opportunistic. Windows down or something showing on the interior that they want. Or unlocked.

If they really want it - they'll get it.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
exactly locks only keep honest ppl out.. as for the coil wire, as bax said just put a lead from any cylinder and drive it away on 5 cylinders... rough though

take out a relay (ignition/fuel pump) or wire in a kill switch. easy

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
dog asleep on back seat?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
as has been mentioned, VLs are very easy to break into and start due to wear in the locks, usually any VL key will unlock and start any other VL

my VL wagon passengers door has been attacked twice, firstly the lock was wrecked but no one got in, later this lock was forced again with the result that the key now works the lock again, new locks would help but I cant be bothered with the expense or time it takes. the thieves always lock the car so I dont know how many times its been stolen from

I have a strongbox bolted to the floor for valuables and so far, no one has taken anytiing from the spare tyre compartment, perhaps this would be too obvious

I have a case hardened chain and padlock for the steering wheel and another wheel lock

alarm system with microwave sensor + cut off switch.. best u can do without the dog in the backseat lol!

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
you should probably change the locks if you dont want it broken into.
my bf has a vl calais and is going to put Solex (i think thats how you spell it?!) locks into it. its not hard to do and its worth not getting faggots breaking into ur car IMO.

mate Solex are ****, gimmi a pair if pliers and ill be into it in seconds... get genuine from rarespares