Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN 91 Calais

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
panhard rod mount bracket fixed up today - what a major job that was - photos later. Had to cut the whole thing out and weld a new section back in. Replaced rear springs, shocks, exhaust, 2 tyres and the air box. Car runs on petrol and is registered in my name today.

On gas is stalls when you put your foot down to take off.

Gas = Fail for now.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here is some of the work today

The car on it's side is a dead VS that gave up it's panhard rod mount bracket. Was fun flipping it over :)

The bodgy mount was busted good n proper with cracks in all directions. 4 hours later all fixed up.

Attachments

• Pickup_Day.JPG
    Pickup_Day.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 284
  • On_The_Truck.JPG
    On_The_Truck.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Panhard_1.JPG
    Panhard_1.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Panhard_2.JPG
    Panhard_2.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Panhard_3.JPG
    Panhard_3.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Panhard_7.JPG
    Panhard_7.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Panhard_8.JPG
    Panhard_8.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Panhard_9.JPG
    Panhard_9.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Panhard_11.JPG
    Panhard_11.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 254
  • Panhard_14.JPG
    Panhard_14.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 258
  • Panhard_16.JPG
    Panhard_16.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 288

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Swapped the mags from the 89 green sedan - car drives 100% better. Still has a clunk when you take off from the rear so I think 1 of the rear bushed may be done in. Swapped the cluster over and will do the seats tomorrow. Also will install the bonnet gas struts.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Goodwork on the panhard rod mount, looks like the tyres have been scrubbing a fair bit, is that from being too low or the busted mount?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Goodwork on the panhard rod mount, looks like the tyres have been scrubbing a fair bit, is that from being too low or the busted mount?

Previous owner hit the gutter and smashed it up and then drove it for 5 months.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Faaaaaark you've done a damn fine job on that mount. Some nice welding there :) How did you know the mount was aligned in the exact same spot as the factory one? That would have been interesting :p

Imagine how good it's going to look on stockies though. Because you're putting it on stockies, right? Silver ceptors? Right? Yeah?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Faaaaaark you've done a damn fine job on that mount. Some nice welding there :) How did you know the mount was aligned in the exact same spot as the factory one? That would have been interesting :p

Imagine how good it's going to look on stockies though. Because you're putting it on stockies, right? Silver ceptors? Right? Yeah?

Cut the VS up with a big saber saw :D then chiseled off the floor pan not needed off the donor panhard rod mount bracket. Oxy cut out all the busted up chasis rail and cracked stuff. Then just opened up the donor part a few mm and smashed in the ends of the rail and bedlted the crap out of it to get in to place. Tacked all into place, full light weld then hot weld over the top once I'd put some metal into the joins. Panhard rod bolt slipped in like a bought one.:thumbsup:

The manager was like - have you seen under this car when they put it up on the hoist (I was away getting rego) - I say nup whats wrong. He says it's ****ed mate!!

Andrew the mechanic and myself in 4 hours had it running sweet:yeah:

And no septors - sorry