Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 VN AERO REBUILD (304 stroked to 350ci flat top pistons std 4" bore)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Deuce, I had an4 x 450mm long braided line left over from past nitrous setup, was thinking that was the way to go
However not sure how it will sit until I get the engine in car
However that's a good point on vibration
Looks like wiring tube is in the way, might have to mount on inner guard or top of chassis rail.
1716715018829.jpg

Note polished alloy is my filter relocation adaptor, so port is just behind that.
Plenty of space once you are above the wiring there.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Seen some engine builder tap oil line at back of block somewhere in valley...thinking of doing that on my big banger 355 so can neatly have factory guage & aftermarket but mainly to keep engine bay pretty?

Don't think factory sender does much other than idiot light...you can unplug then on vn/p car will still run.

bjf66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT Aero
Yes I can see may have to rethink once engine is in car
would like to plumb up the accumulator so need to give this some thought

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Seen some engine builder tap oil line at back of block somewhere in valley...thinking of doing that on my big banger 355 so can neatly have factory guage & aftermarket but mainly to keep engine bay pretty?

Don't think factory sender does much other than idiot light...you can unplug then on vn/p car will still run.

I thought I'd seen something like that on really old blocks. Found a pic online, it shows there is a boss casting running vertically from the main oil gallery at the end of the block to above bellhousing flange area.
iu

It quite a bit of block to drill through, you'd want something fixed in a jig or magnetic base drill. You'd only need a small diameter hole to measure oil pressure, drill/tap a fitting for 1/8" NPT.

It would be interesting to see the difference between oil pressure at the end of the main gallery Vs @ the oil pump.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I thought I'd seen something like that on really old blocks. Found a pic online, it shows there is a boss casting running vertically from the main oil gallery at the end of the block to above bellhousing flange area.
iu

It quite a bit of block to drill through, you'd want something fixed in a jig or magnetic base drill. You'd only need a small diameter hole to measure oil pressure, drill/tap a fitting for 1/8" NPT.

It would be interesting to see the difference between oil pressure at the end of the main gallery Vs @ the oil pump.
See that square drive plug.
99% sure that is the very back of the lifter gallery.
Probably 1/4 npt and you could adapt it down to 1/8.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
The one I remember seeing was tapped into valley somewhere near distributor shaft area.

Was a clip of a hq monaro at drag strip had something like 70psi 7k at front rear guage was showing 50-55psi....car was running flat 10's 130mph so it was pulling decent g forces for a 355

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
See that square drive plug.
99% sure that is the very back of the lifter gallery.
Probably 1/4 npt and you could adapt it down to 1/8.

Yeah, but it's in the bellhousing.

bjf66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT Aero
Yeah, but it's in the bellhousing.
Could you not drill a hole and come through the casting that’s at end of block then take tap the end plug with 90 degree elbow

I’m floating around Japan and Chiba for next 2 weeks so didn’t get a change to look before leaving

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I guess you could. many ways to skin a cat :)

bjf66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HDT Aero
Catch cans on holden 304 efi rocker covers
If we want to keep things reasonable standard for emission, and legal registration purposes how we get on with running catch cans and still making the system legal
Had a look here on parts shelf and have a few stefs catch cans (single- hose), was thinking of utilising this by running the 2 rocker cover vents into the one catch can and then running a hose out to pick existing holden emission hoses

Is there a know fitting which can slip onto the holden rocker cover cent which can be adapted to AN 8-10 fitting
I see there is a fitting made for R26/Barra etc.
This is 22mm OD was thinking could drill out the inside to suit holden aluminium hose connection 16-17mm OD, then epoxy the fitting on