Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN bellmouth

donboy2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
I have cruised around jc checking out different performance mods for a buick v6.
One of the ideas was, removing the bellmouth but sacrificing smooth idle better flow. A mate of mine (engine reconditioner) suggested porting the bellmouth. For example with a dye grinder taking a few mm without preventing the bellmouth from carrying on with its intended function, which is to channel airflow to the centre of the trottle body giving even air to each piston. Well that is what I intend to do.
just thought it would be useful to somebody.:idea:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vn dont have them unless its a series 2 vn engine

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
un-useful.....rougher idle? yeah, and die grindR? wont do anything to idle, or power LOL

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
Yeah the series 1 didnt have a bellmouth but the series 2 did, you can probably just buy a bellmouth from the wreckers and throw it in a series 1 anyways. I did this 'bellmouth modification' to my vp but honestly I didnt find it any different powerwise. At first it seemed faster and more responsive but that turned out to be the good old placebo effect, cos I timed my 0-100 afterwards and it was no faster than before the modification, but thats just my story, I have heard of people doing this and recording positive results.......

Vlad01

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP vacationer, 95 VR II exec, 92 VP S Pack
I was thinking a while back a custom made bellmouth would/should work. maybe made from aluminum? here is a pic of my design.
NewBitmapImage-1.jpg

donboy2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
well everyone seems to be split on wether removing the bellmouth makes much of a difference . and why wouldn't even marginally better airflow do the engine any better.
And anyone will tell you vn_v6 that there is only mms sometimes thousanths between a good port and polish job.
Unuseful!!!!!!!! whatever !!!!!!!!!!!