Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN bonnet wont shut

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hey guys been playing around with my car all weekend with no troubles with the bonnet, then I go to close it today and doesnt want to lock in/shut ? any ideas and how to fix is appreicated!

Thanks

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Asking the obvious here, but what tools have you left in there?

Mine did the same, after i slammed it down, i realised i left my old grill sitting on the strut tower haha!

Can also be a problem if you have fitted bonnet struts, but not taken out the raised bolts!

voney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 3.8
Make sure your latch (the thing with the spring on it at the front of the bonnet) is screwed in tightly, it can come loose over time. Also, when you tighten it you'll notice it can move around a bit, you may have to experiment with tightening it in slightly different positions for it to latch properly.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
So it shuts, but won't lock shut? Pull the bonnet release in the cabin a few times, jiggle the hinges and clips and latchy stuff and doodads and thingamajigs and just generally **** with everything you can see. Then try again.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
sometimes its the spring on the bonnet, its either not extended enough or extended too much, u need a flathead screwdriver to fix that. anotherpossibility is that the latch cable that runs from the front of the car around the left side of the engine bay into the car has come loose (usually on the front left of the car) just ziptie it so that it runs smoothe wid the engine bay like the rest of the cable and u shud b sweet. easiest way of knowing is look into the hole dead centre front of the car where the bonnet pin goes into, if u can see a piece of wire run thru it, itl click in, if not you need to adjust the cable mate.
ave fun

B3ND3R

Reaction score
i have this same problem with my vs. anyone wanna fix it for me? 50 bucks for ya, located in mount waverley.
cheers

B3ND3R

Reaction score
its in Vic, near chaddy if anyone knows the area.
it looks to me like the wire is coming out too far, so when the bonnet shuts it hits the wire rather than sliding around it. if i get someone to pull the release, shut the bonnet, hold it down so its right, and let go of the release and she just pops up again...

really wanna get his fixed coz hols start tomorrow and wanna drive interstate!

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
i have this same problem with my vs. anyone wanna fix it for me? 50 bucks for ya, located in mount waverley.
cheers

You serious? Ill be in melbourne on the weekend if you get really stuck, but im sure someone will snatch it up before then.