Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Cliamte Control

electro cruiser

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive added the vn calais climate control to my 89 vn s-pac, ive given you that information incase the problem i have got has something to do with the conversion.

The climate contorl works fine, BUT, in winter, when i put the heater on, it switched itself off, even when the car warms off, no heat comes out, thats only when you have it on AUTO.

its fine when you manually set it. But when its AUTO and you set it to something like 32 degrees, the A/C comes on and it blows out cool air, or like i said before, nothing at all...

im going to change the unit soon. Im just doing some research first before the wreckers start ripping my arm and leg off for the climate control.
thanks guys

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
When I was getting cold air in winter I pulled the control unit out and the plug was not all the way in. I stopped at that point and made sure it was in nice and tight. Put back together and she had hot air.

So it was just the plug had not "clicked" into place whe I fiddled with the sterio.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
ill give that a try. problem is that if i do it manually, so i set 32 degrees and put the fan speed to wot ever speed and switch the A/C off, it comes out hot, it just doesnt do it on AUTO

thanks though, so ill giv it a try

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8

electro cruiser

Reaction score
yea but im not sure wot the numbers are.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
i did it and pressed the hotter button, showed a number, pressedit again and it showed 20, pressed it again a n showed a couple other numbers

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
There should be a water (engine cooling system) temperature sensor floating around in the heater core somewhere, maybe clipped to one of the heater pipes. If that isn't 'seeing' coolant temp. above a pre-programmed level, the heater won't work through the climate control. Sorry I can't be more specific than that atm.

vpcalaishsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
Hi can anyone help me

i have a vp calais with climate control my air con works fine but it seems to cut out for too long about 15 to 20 sec. The air starts to get warm then it kick back in it doesent seem right to me.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
STOP TRYING TO STEAL MY THREAD!!!!!

lol joking...seems like an electrical problem...maybe with the climate control head unit??