Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN clutch cable

Levi89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo
I'm helping a mate with his clutch problem pretty much sorted but the cable has now become loose probably from initial clutch problem where it was getting stuck to floor and poping out violently under hi revs. The cable seems to be fine and still connected to clutch pedal arm what things should I check next?

Last edited:

Endz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive
Check that the clutch fork hasnt bent/snapped, shine a torch into the hole where the fork comes out of the box and see if it looks bent, happened to me, or possibly the thrust bearing could have crushed

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
As Endz said check the clutch fork and bearing out. If you grab a phone with a decent camera and remove the plastic clutch fork cover (if you even have one) you will be able to get pictures of the bearing and the fork.
If you aren't sure from the photos what's going on upload them and im sure some one can tell you what's up.

for reference, there are lots of photos in there that might help:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...9356-new-clutch-cable-stretching-rapidly.html