Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn dash speakers

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn sedan 91 s2 v6. And a 1964 EH Holden 350 chev
Hey, what speakers fit in the dash of a vn? I have a dash mat so the covers won't have be in, the problem I had with the ones I brought was touching the steal subframe, so it would have to be "thin" preferably not tweeters, any pricerange, any segestion? ps I'm not citing holes in my doors or citing the frame so don't mention it.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
i think they come with tweeters from factory so i dont think youd get much bigger in there. Dont quote me on that though. I know my vs had tweeters in the dash. You might possibly get a 4inch speaker in there.

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I had 4" jvc speakers in there and the magnet was touching the steal car frame and caused it to distort

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
yeah if they distorted maybe get your self a good set of component speakers alpine type-r arent too bad. They might be a bit better.

aazn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
might be worth getting fibreglass moulds to fit the door trims. (6.5") screw them in...

get replacement trims from wreakers (less than 50 a pair)

and put in tweeters in stock location

Jimbeam91

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found tweeters on eBay for like 5buks so f it that will do for the time being till I fing a good set that fit nicely

shnap2nd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BERLINA MANUAL
i had fit a set of nice pioneer 4 inch speakers and there like 140watts max they sound gr8 but as said before your better off getting vs doors pockets i got dem on my vn berlina and i have 6inch in them ur much better getting the pods and throwing a set of nice 6inch splits jl audio big favourite of mine have always used them

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
The original dash speakers are a 4 inch, full range paper cone.

A tweeter is a small speaker responsible for high frequencies. So no, you cannot just have tweeters, you won't get frequencies below a certain point.

But seeing as the OP is talking about a set of $5 tweeters he saw on Ebay, i wouldn't reccomend going to the trouble unless your going to spend enough to make it worth your while...Even a top set of 4'' speakers to go in the dash, would still require some sort of modification to fit.....Nothing is just going to drop into place.

mcin7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive
I just bought some $19 speakers from JB last night, they fit alright, the lip with foam at the back of the cover needs to be trimmed a bit for it to close.