Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Diagnostic - EFI Live question

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Has anyone used the EFI Live software on their Holden v6, I used to use the ugly Winaldl software but found EFI Live on the net and love it, it logs and maps better, and has a full screen dash display you can customise, just want to know if anyone has experience using this?

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Gee, I thought that maybe there would be a few responses regarding this.

I really didnt want to fork out heaps of $$$$ just for the EFILive v4 ODBDI software, and its great, every car with a computer should have one.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
to use efi live, what kind of diagnostic cable do i need? the DIY cable mentioned on the forums.

also, is this program freeware or shareware?

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
yup
thats pretty much it
the one with like 3 resistors and a transistor (serial)

I know EFI Live works, I just want a full working version, not the programable one, but the EFI Live v4 without forking out hundreds of dollars.

Maybe a few people can get together and purchase a licence. I will put in $50 for it if anyone is interested!!

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
i love the V7 virtual dash, really sleek looking

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
yeah it's a nice program but **** use it for a few months and if your still hanging buy it

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
yeah ok ill contact Paul Blackmore ( a mate of mine) who wrote it & tell him a bunch of guys wanna buy one license & share it....
if you want it so bad buy it, support the guys who do all the work

Rob

lsprewell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec to Calais
Yeah thats fine Doctor Bob, I just don't want to pay that much for it, but if a few guys pool in, than I am in. I understand the whole support the guys thing, thats all good, but I only want EFI Live to use on 1 vehicle and thats it, and at the price they ask for its too pricy for a private user. If they had a version that only ran one type of ecu for a cheaper amount, and only did data logging, which is all I want. But the closest thing is EFILive V4 OBDII Datalogger, and it costs of $300.

PS: Thats only 6 people tho at $50 each (hmmmmmm)