Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN door lock

VXSS32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hey guys, my missus has a VN calais, an a lilttle while back the imobilzer played up ao it was taken out, now a few months back the passenger door started to not lock with the central locking, which she could deal with, but then the door wouldnt unlock at all, like couldnt pull the snib up, a few hits on the door and it would pop up, but now it wont come up at all, no matter how hard i try. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? Im gettin sick of climbing in and out of her window

Thanks

Auzziephoenix

Typical P Plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jungle Fever R8
It sounds like the rod that connects the button to the lock is jammed on something, if you are able to get the button up and open your door. you should take the door trim off and see whats going on. then fix anything that seems to be a problem. and test it all with the trim off.
reattach the trim and it should be working again.

but to me it sounds like either the rod from the button to the lever is jammed, or maybe this could also be it if the central locking isnt working.. the long rod from the lever to the lock itself could be jamming.. hence the central locking unti hasnt got enough oomf to unlock the door.

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
the solanoid thing that pushes the door lock up and down could have died, they tend to do this.
or the small switch sensor located on the inner door handle aparatus may be worn out stuffed or snapped off.

Beware - repco and Holden charge a lot for solanoids.

If it is the solanoid or the switch I would just go to the wreckers and grab another single, wire it in like the other then its fixed (grab a switch if it is the switch).

Alternatively you can stuff around with one of those third party door lock sets from autobarn like I did and put yourself through some greif...:axe:

Also while I am here I will mention that the solanoid is screwed in and the screws are hard to reach.
Do not dismantle the whole shebang as that is asking for trouble , simply locate the solanoid then put your hand inside the door and feel the position of the screws holding it in.

Then simply get a 10 mm drill and drill holes through the steel door panel so you can just stick a philips through the hole and easily access the scews and replace the solanoid with ease.

Just thought I would mention this in case it is a solanoid.

Cheers

Dan

VXSS32

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
thanks for the responses, i think the solenoid is stuffed, and i will prob replace it, i just wanna know how to get the door open/trim off if the door snib wont move..... or will i just have to wreck a trim to fix it?

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
there are three screws in the arm rest you have to remove a cover on the handle of the arm rest too.
There is also a couple of screwa else where I think just look for them.
Remove the sirclip from the window winder then remove that.
There is a screw behind the button that goes up and down, you have to flick the red bit off that clipps on then pull the button offf, the screw is behind the button.
Then with a large flat screw driver or somthing like that slowly prize the door open at the points it is sticking at, as there are plastic clips/plugs in place beneath the door trim holding it in.

The plugs pop in the door trim out but make sure all the screws are out as screws dont pop out (well not easily anyway).

Maybe there is some photos on this site of how to remove a door trim?
I do not advise wrecking a trim to get at the inside of the door, that would be stupid.

Since it is a Calais it might be different to my exe so be careful. It might have extra fittings.

Cheers

Dan

Last edited: