Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN engine changeover

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
ok thanks heaps!!! but will the series 1 radiator connect to the series 2 enigne? the series 2 radiator has a few massive holes in it. i will prob be doing this next weekend. The car i bought off ebay is ALOT better than expected!! has TWIN 2.5inch exaust, awesome sony cd player and speakers, sports steering wheel, interior IMMACULATE, 200000 on the clock, lowered, brand new 16" 225 tires all round and paint in perfect!! i am more than happy !

Teletran1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
No you will definitely want a "series 2" radiator to suit later cooling system (you need a radiator with a pressure cap for a start lol). Forgot to mention you will have to swap over the heater hoses and tap aswell. It all sounds worse than it is, once you start ripping it to bits it will all come together quite easily. Sounds like you got quite a score there with the car, twin 2.5" pipes on a V6 is more than a tad overkill though (lets just say even a stock/mild 5L wont push enough gas to warrant those size pipes.....)
Best of luck with the conversion!

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
Ok so after alot of weekends working and not being able to do the changeover ive finally done it!! car starts and runs and sounds really good!! i havnt swapped the heater tap over it seems to be the same as the one out of the series 2 vn. One small problem im having is theres a warning light on the dash and the cars sometimes miss's wen revving, my brother has suggested its the oxygen sensor. Has anyone got an idea on what it it?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
guessing check engine light? hit up the ALDL for a point in the right direction....

CAS maybe, or plugs/leads check connections....

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
I swapped over motors from 2 Datsun 120Y coupes in about 5 hours but there is nothing to them. Only thing I broke was the speedo cable on both when lifting out the engine.

I was making a good one out of the 2 of them, both went to scrap metal when I had to move :(

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
Okay so ive checked ALDL and the warning "Code 34 - Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) - Voltage Too Low " how can i fix this problem?

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
All good, changed the map sensor and she runs perfect!! photos will be up soon, looking and sounding like an awesome VN!! Love the VN's this ones going to be taken care of and spent $$$$ on!! Thanks everyone for there comments and help, i will be on the road in 2 weeks loving it!

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
Just a couple of quick pics after a wash :)

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
You lie!!! pics aren't loading (on mine anyways)...... *sad

HAHA

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
Still got a bit to do, but shes almost ready!!!

dsc00336xm.jpg
By vnsv6 at 2011-01-06[/IMG]

dsc00332l.jpg

dsc00334if.jpg

dsc00333fz.jpg

dsc00330w.jpg