Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Fuel Tank Hoses

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Some of the hoses from my VN's fuel tank have fallen apart and i want to replace them.
There are small hoses from the filler, small hoses i think may go to this round
valve type thing near the fuel filler neck and also the canister hose. Does anyone have
a diagram or picture to show where all these hoses go with regards to the fuel tank.
I have the Ellery VN Manual but it is of no help.It shows a station wagon tank and there
are only a couple of hoses on it anyway. Thanks

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
These are for a VP and swap between sedan and ute, but yours should be similar (see next post). The sedan should have three hoses going to the top of the tank, 2 small ones and a larger harder plastic hose, like in the attachment.

Attachments

• 63 and 80 ltr tank sedan.jpg
    63 and 80 ltr tank sedan.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 17,400

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
The info is a big help. I did look for fuel tank stuff etc but did not come across any of that.Looks like
the hoses go to fuel vapour separator.I thought there was only four connections though but there must
be a fifth for the canister ? Anyway,atleast i have some idea now. Thanks.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Man,i did reply but i don't know what i did wrong. Anyway,this helps alot,Thanks.Now.will this work?

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
hmm, also had drama's with my lines there.. will try and get some pics up....

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
I had to replace these on my VN when I replaced the fuel tank. There are 2 small hoses and one large one, all go to the filler neck. The small hoses are no longer available from Holden and I had to use ordinary 3mm ID fuel hose for the small hoses which works fine except you have ot use differerent clips as the OD is larger. The small hose that goes up to the charcoal cannister is a problem because the original type hose is joined to a metal pipe just behind the rear wheel with a piece of 5/16 fuel hose that slips over it and the metal hose and the fuel hose I had to use has a larger OD than the original stuff so shoving it in will block it off. I solved this by machining up from brass adouble sided hose barb, one side to suit the 3mm fuel hose the other the 5/16 hose. I also replaced the filler neck to tank hose and to make it slide on easy use some vasoline. The diagrams are in the genuine VN Holden manuals.

Cool D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
I replaced the small hoses. They may even have been vacuum hose ?, but it worked. I bought a
T piece at first because i couldn't find where the cannister one went but found it up the top of the
fuel tank inlet, near the other two small outlets. I had trouble with the cannister small hose going into
the large metal pipe also. I blew threw it and seem to not be blocked. I had blocked off the hoses from
the cannister to the throttle body but know think if i re-open them i may get garbage from the cannister
pipe as it was open to the elements (near the fuel tank, when hoses were broken)